Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: BB Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodacom SA

BB DESKTOP SOFTWARE STOPPED WORKING WITH OLD AND NEW PHONE

Im running 10.6.8 on my Macbook pro. The problem started with previous Mac already. The BDS starts up, connects with phone but can not backup, restore or update phone. Get the following error msg. "DBS failed, device could not be backed up. This started on my previous mac already, older version of software.

I uninstalled, re-isntalled the software many times and in the end thought it must be by phone - BB9700. Now on new phone BB9900 and same problem. Tried again re-installing the software, dumping all prefs etc - no luck. i installed the software on a different Mac at the office running same software and the phone backed-up, no problem.

can anyone help. what can i try.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB Priv, Z10 and PlayBook 64Gb
My Carrier: Proximus (BE)

Re: BB DESKTOP SOFTWARE STOPPED WORKING WITH OLD AND NEW PHONE

I guess that you are using the latest software available for BDS.

From what I see there, this could indeed come from a corrupt file on your MB Pro.

I would suggest to uninstall completely the BDS software and to be sure that all related files have been deleted too. This is probably the most "challenging part". If I remember correctly there is an uninstaller provided with the disk image, so use this one and then search for any other BDS file using Spotlight or the shareware "AppZapper" which is used to delete all files related to a specific software at once!

If you say that it is working perfectly on another computer, the phone is not the cause of the problem logically.

A good idea is also to repair the permissions on your Mac starting up from the original DVD and using the disk utility software. This will help your Mac anyway Smiley Wink

Hope this helps.

------------------------------------------------
Please don't forget to mark as "solved" if your question is replied and to "like" a useful reply to your post ;-)