Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

BB DM 6.0.1 - Outlook calendar sync fails

Hi all,

I use an Exchange server for my email and Outlook as my email client. We don't have a BES currently and so I use DM 6.0.1 to sync my calendar, contacts and notes between the Torch and my Outlook profile. 

Randomly last week, my battery died while I was working on the laptop. When I booted back up and tried sync'ing the BB, it gets to the calendar and then pops up a message that says:

"Please check your Microsoft Exchange permissions in Outlook and try again."

Nothing has changed on the computer or on the Exchange server. I tried uninstalling Office and the BB DM and then reinstalling with a fresh BB sync profile and a fresh Outlook profile and I still get that error. 

Does anyone know how to fix this? I havent found much on the net that isn't related to a BES environment. 

Thanks.

Chris.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BB DM 6.0.1 - Outlook calendar sync fails

Hello conexsys and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

What is your Outlook version?

Do you get this error for your Address Book as well, or just the Calendar?

When you configure your synchronization settings, do you have more than one profile from which to choose? In your Outlook do you have more than one Calendar?

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BB DM 6.0.1 - Outlook calendar sync fails

The laptop runs Outlook 2007 with all the latest updates from Microsoft. There is only one calendar in the Outlook profile. 

The address book stage goes without any issue, but when it reaches the calendar, it crashes. 

There is only one Outlook profile on the laptop. At one point, I created a second to see if that would resolve the sync issues, but it did not, so I removed it again.