Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Developer
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Orange

Re: BB DM 7.0.43 Hangs on Contact Synch - Preparing Sync Preview

Same here. Win 7, Outlook 2010. Hangs every time. Really boring. Get it tested and a fix out pdq!
New Developer
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Orange

Go back to the old software but you have to remove everything, i.e. uninstall, then empty all the Program Files/Blackberry stuff then shut down and restart then load the old version and eventually it works.

Shouldn't be neccessary but.....

Contributor
My Device: 9930

I'm having the same problem.  I've been a longtime BlackBerry user, but this is probably the end.  Last month, a hard update totally froze my Bold 9930, and it then took Verizon over an hour on the phone with me to figure out what to do, so it was with trepidation that I clicked "ok" for a milder update two days ago.  All seemed fine then, but this morning I got a message when I tried to sync my unit with my PC (which I have done successfully many times in the past two days) saying  I needed to reconfigure the syncrhonization function.  So I nicely reconfirmed two-way sync for both my contacts and my calendar, then watched the thing spend several minutes apparently going through everything as if this was the first time, and then ended up with a frozen screen that says: "Syncrhonizing Bold 9330.  Do not disconnect.  Organizing data.  Progressing. . .  Preparing sync preview" which is when life as we know it totally ends and nothing further happens.  I've been through this three times, I've removed the battery and restarted the device, I've restarted my PC; etc.  Same miserable process and same miserable result.

The really awful part was when I called BlackBerry, got a guy in Central America who took my PIN, home telephone and email and put me on music hold for ten minutes and then disconnected me.  Notwithstanding having given him my phone and email, I've never heard back.  So much for RIM customer service.

No wonder RIM is losing market share rapidly and ultimately failing.  No wonder AT&T didn't want to sell this thing, which is what caused me to switch to Verizon.

I'll wait a few hours, see if the characters in Canada figure out that they've got another problem on their hands and do something about it, or else I'll try Verizon.  As I said, last month as a result of a software update, a Verizon customer support person who apparently specializes with BlackBerry devices stayed on the phone with me a full hour until she (and I) could get the unit working again.