10-12-2009 04:30 PM
Was excited to see the DM for Mac application, (MacPro running Snow Leopard), and I downloaded and installed it. It was another major mistake on my part. Have spent the better part of 5 hours restoring and reconfiguring my BB Bold.
1) Installation ont the Mac was simple and flawless, as one would expect.
MISTAKE NUMBER ONE: Not downloading the PDF Manual. Wherein you are instructed to delete device data. Had I done this, perhaps I would not have had subsequent problems? Maybe, but I doubt it.
2) Upon connecting my BB to my Mac, I received a message instructing me of all the software updates I needed to make on my BB.
MISTAKE NUMBER TWO: Believing that message and approving the updates. Little did I suspect that an entirely new OS was lurking, one which caused great pain and consternation, as OS updates will.
3) After all the updates were completed, I did a sync. Actually, everything appeared to go fine -- calendar, contacts, and even music SEEMED to sync fine. Problems arose after I disconnected BB from Mac.
4) WiFi stopped working. Spent the next hour with AT&T, the web trying to get it to work. Finally did a battery pull, and got it to work again.
5) Every personal setting was gone. Spent another hour resetting all my preferences, etc.
6) EMail was gone. Had to have AT&T send out new service books to restore service.
7) Battery power is being sucked down like nobody's business. I doubt I will get 4 hours of standby time before I need to recharge.
In general, I must echo other's on this board: BE VERY CAUTIOUS before using this software. And if you do, give yourself a few hours to restore your settings, test your device, and medicate yourself (cause you'll need it).
Just hope my experience helps someone else.