Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Visitor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000

BB DManager for Mac Woes

Was excited to see the DM for Mac application, (MacPro running Snow Leopard), and I downloaded and installed it. It was another major mistake on my part. Have spent the better part of 5 hours restoring and reconfiguring my BB Bold.

1) Installation ont the Mac was simple and flawless, as one would expect.

MISTAKE NUMBER ONE: Not downloading the PDF Manual. Wherein you are instructed to delete device data. Had I done this, perhaps I would not have had subsequent problems? Maybe, but I doubt it.

2) Upon connecting my BB to my Mac, I received a message instructing me of all the software updates I needed to make on my BB.

MISTAKE NUMBER TWO: Believing that message and approving the updates. Little did I suspect that an entirely new OS was lurking, one which caused great pain and consternation, as OS updates will.

3) After all the updates were completed, I did a sync. Actually, everything appeared to go fine -- calendar, contacts, and even music SEEMED to sync fine. Problems arose after I disconnected BB from Mac.

4) WiFi stopped working. Spent the next hour with AT&T, the web trying to get it to work. Finally did a battery pull, and got it to work again.

5) Every personal setting was gone. Spent another hour resetting all my preferences, etc.

6) EMail was gone. Had to have AT&T send out new service books to restore service.

7) Battery power is being sucked down like nobody's business. I doubt I will get 4 hours of standby time before I need to recharge.

In general, I must echo other's on this board: BE VERY CAUTIOUS before using this software. And if you do, give yourself a few hours to restore your settings, test your device, and medicate yourself (cause you'll need it).

Just hope my experience helps someone else.