Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: Telus

BB Desktop 7 freezes when it gets to 2190 contacts.

Can anyone help me out with my desktop manager freezing?  I'm using PC  BB Desktop software version 7.0.0.59 (Bundle 60) and every time it looks at my contacts and gets to 2190, it freezes and shuts down the BB desktop software.  I have around 3000 contacts so it's not even finished reviewing all of them.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BB Desktop 7 freezes when it gets to 2190 contacts.

"Reviewing"? Hmmm...do you mean it's attempting to synchronize with your Desktop Organizer (e.g., Outlook), and it's stopping on that record? If so, that record might be somehow corrupt. To find it, you need to export your Contacts from your Desktop Organizer...I have heard that the order they are exported will match the order that the RIM Desktop Software is working with them, which will allow you to find that record and then edit it in your Organizer to correct the corruption (you might have to copy the data to a new Contact Record and delete the old one).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Retired
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: rogers

Do you know if it happens during the review of the device contacts or the desktop contacts

Contributor
My Device: Q5 SQR100-2
My Carrier: MTN South Africa

I had this same problem with the previously-released and then withdrawn V7 desktop software. Now with 7.0.0.59 exactly the same errors.

I am going back to V6. Get V7 Right!!

New Contributor

I should have explained a bit better.

I only have 915 contacts in my outlook address book but I have 2135 contacts in microsoft BCM 2010 and 887 Accounts. I have set up BB desktop to only select items that do not contain BCM in the categories field. BB desktop then scans all my contacts and freezes at 2190, it has not even started to sync, just scanning. I use companion link pro to sync the BCM contacts and accounts as bb desktop will not allow both to be done at the same time without combining them together and messing up the BCM Database.

There was a suggestion that I had a corrupt contact so I erased a number of contacts and accounts from each address book  to see if the software would freeze at less than 2190 (in theory it should be at 2189 or less) but it is now freezng at 2191.  This occurs when it's scanning contacts on my blackberry, not my outlook.

New Contributor

Looks like there is no problem when I do a one way sync from outlook and erase all contacts on my Blackberry.  This seems to be the only way I can currently sync.  Once I start to sync two ways BB desktop crashes.  It now will stop at around 1030 contacts.