Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

BB Desktop Manager Device Switch Wizard deleted my BB Maps program

After swapping my data from my old 8700 BB to my 8820 the Blackberry Maps program has disappeared.  When I go to options/security options/application permissions it shows blackberry maps as permitted.  Does that mean that the program is still installed on my BB? 

My IT permissions won't let me download another version of maps, so I'm wondering if maps is still on my 8820 and is just hidden somewhere.  Is there a way to re-access the maps program short of having to reinstall the program?  How do I determine if the program is still on my 8820?

Any help or insight is appreciated.  I'd rather not have to work with my IT folks, they aren't always the most user friendly bunch. 

Thanks, Mike

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: BB Desktop Manager Device Switch Wizard deleted my BB Maps program

To check if you have the application in your device go to menu, options, advanced options, applications, and check if is listed.

To download again Blackberry Maps go to

www.blackberry.com/maps 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your reply. 

I did as your suggested and it does show BB maps as one of the programs installed on the 8800.  How do I launch the maps program and is there a way to add a BB maps icon to BB desktop (start page)?

It seems as if I have a program installed on the BB that I can't use because there's no way to launch the app.

Oh BTW, I can't download apps to my BB because my IT policy prevents it. 

Message Edited by skierman64 on 03-05-2009 06:17 AM
Forums Veteran III

Oh. this is the problem, can you ask your IT guys if they are blocking the application?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, the IT does not block BB maps.  Others in my organization have access to it.  It was deleted when I ran the transfer program from my old BB. 

Any ideas on how I can add the BB maps icon to my desktop page on my BB?  It seems as if the maps program is still installed. 

Forums Veteran III

To see if you have installed go to menu, options, advanced options, applications, is the application in the list?

I don't know how to you can download the application if your IT guys are blocking download applications. 

Highlighted

Yes it shows the app (BB Maps) still installed.  I just don't have any way to launch the app.  There's no icon for it.  Is there a way to get the icon back without reinstalling the whole program?
Forums Veteran III

Maybe you hide the icon, try this, press menu and show all, check if you can see the icon.

Well the whole issue my be moot, since my BB took a dump this morning.  I can't get anything but app error 523. 
Forums Veteran III

You can try installing the last software device, follow this link

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB03621&sliceId=1&docTy...