Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BB Desktop Manager and Outlook 2007

Hi All!

Yesterday I got my new BB 9000 bold and installed BB Desktop Manager 4.6 for sync with Outlook 2007. I simply installed it over BB Desktop Manager 4.2.2.12.

The new version demands that Outlook must be the default email-client and also wants a user-profile. I have no user profile on Outlook and I use Thunderbird as mail-client. Any idea how I can sync with Outlook without user profile and without making Outlook my default mail-client?

THX in advance.

Regards,

Stefan

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: BB Desktop Manager and Outlook 2007

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Please specify PC, operating system.

On Outlook 2007 are you running any connectors?

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Hi Bifocals

Operating system is Windows XP SP 3

PC is Intel Pentium Dualcore with 2GB RAM and 320 GB HD and graphics adapter GeForce 8800 with 512 MB RAM

There are no connectors on Outlook because I use it only for storing my Blackberry data. I do nothing else with it because I don't like it. Foremail I use Thunderbird.

I installed GnuPGP 1.4.7 on Thunderbird and it was automatically installed under Outlook too. I even had MS Business Connector installed but deinstalled it because I have no use for it. MS Business Connector is sort of a small CRM-solution together with Outlook which installs an MS-SQL serve, so I kicked it, because I run everything on MySQL.

Hope that answers your questions.

Regards,

Stefan

Guru I

Hi,

So basically, you are just synching the BB with the outlook right?

Unless you are BES the email won't sync anyway.

So unless I'm missing something( entirely possible)  Smiley Happy is that what we are trying to do?

Thanks

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

New Contributor

Yes, exactly. Only synching calendar, tasks and notes. Nothing else. I get my mails forwarded to my BB Bold by the Blackberry Internet Service of my provider anyway.

Guru I

Ok,

So when you setup the desktop software, was outlook in the options to choose for synchronization?

Thanks

New Contributor

yes, it was. I chose Outlook and then the Desktop Manager asked for a user profile which doesn't make sense, because I have none. Even less sense does it make to require Outlook being my default email-client
Guru I

Ok, Lets try going with the flow.

Bring down Thunderbird, Bring up outlook, add your email address in. run sync config, and use the profile, finish sync, disable the

email address in Outlook with an invalid password, You should be able to sync.

Let me know.

New Contributor

Will, do!

For a quick solution I just reinstalled version 4.2 - it just works fine. Never touch a running system ;-)