Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Verizon

BB Desktop Manager for Mac erased all contacts and calendar info on my BB!

Help!  I installed the BB Desktop Manager for Mac from Verizon and synced my data.  It deleted all of my contacts and calendar info from my BB.  I called BB and Verizon and they stated that this happens sometimes when you sync and there was nothing they could do to retrieve it!  At least I got help from the Apple store to move my pics from my BB to iPhoto before anything happened to my pics of my kids!  Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Curve 8320
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: BB Desktop Manager for Mac erased all contacts and calendar info on my BB!

cklarman,

There is a setting within the BB Desktop Manager that controls the Direction of Synchronization.

- From the Main Menu, click on Synchronize.

- Under Configure, click on Synchronization.

- Click on the button Synchronization

- Highlight the specific item and click on Setup

- Select the desktop application that it will be synchronizing with and click on Next.

- You will now be presented with the Direction of Synchronization screen.

Hope this helps,

Office2Mobile
Poor Service and the Worst Support provided by VarDynamics http://vardynamics.com/
New Contributor
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB Desktop Manager for Mac erased all contacts and calendar info on my BB!

Thanks but that would have been nice to know before I synced using Verizon's directions.  I guess I might be able to use this for next time but it won't bring back all of my contacts or my calendar data.  I think it will be less time consuming and costly to purchase the Missing Sync.