Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

BB Desktop Mgr 4.3/4.2 - Roxio Media Manager 9 - Runtime Error abnormal program termination error

I click the Media Manager get the following error:, Runtime Error!, C:\...\MediaManager9.exe, abnormal program termination

New Contributor

Re: Roxio Media Manager 9 - Runtime Error abnormal program termination error

click on start, run, type msconfig, click on services, check all roxio programs, restart pc, try again.
Contributor

williaro wrote:
click on start, run, type msconfig, click on services, check all roxio programs, restart pc, try again.

I have this same exact problem with BB DTM 4.5. Its fresh install, and all works fine exceptthe media manager part. Tried the msconfig suggestion - there aren't any Roxio products/services listed.

BTW - Why is RIM/BB support so non-existent - relying on users to discover the solutions for themselves? -unless I am mistaken. I haven't been able to get any support from RIM on any aspect of using their software. Smacks of being taken for granted.

Mark
Pearl 8100 & 8120 on Orange | 4.5.0.5.52
BB DTM 4.5.075
nc6220 Pen M | Vista Biz 6.0.6000.20752
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

mcurtiz wrote:

BTW - Why is RIM/BB support so non-existent - relying on users to discover the solutions for themselves? -unless I am mistaken. I haven't been able to get any support from RIM on any aspect of using their software. Smacks of being taken for granted.

They did a clever thing that cost almost nothing : they created a webforum and waited for volunteers to do the support for them. Amazingly, it really works.

Jokes apart, you can ask questions on mobile.blackberry.com , and someone from RIM will answer you. It is called "Blackberry answers" :

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=announcements&thread.id=20&jump=true

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

Re: BB DTM 4.3/4.2 -Roxio Media Manager 9 - Error

DanAtKleffmann wrote:

...Runtime Error!, C:\...\MediaManager9.exe, abnormal program termination

I found a solution that has worked for me. I ran the install and followed the prompts to modify the installation (to remove Roxio/MM9 component). But before I did that, I ticked to install the 'synchronise certificates' (or something like that; copyright things I think) feature just to see. It went through the install, restarted the PC, and hey presto! all working.

I then decided to rerun the install and untick/remove the certifictae thing (being curious), followed the promopts, restarted the PC and hey presto! still working.

Using BB DTM 4.5 / BB 8120 / Vista Biz PC (fully patched).

Mark
Pearl 8100 & 8120 on Orange | 4.5.0.5.52
BB DTM 4.5.075
nc6220 Pen M | Vista Biz 6.0.6000.20752
Contributor

Xandrex:

"They did a clever thing that cost almost nothing : they created a webforum and waited for volunteers to do the support for them. Amazingly, it really works" 

My Media Manager was working for awhile after doing the uninstall tango for a second time, and I'm back to the Runtime Error again. Today, Apple got the J.D. Power award for best smartphone- FOR BUSINESS USERS, no less. I love my Curve, but someone at RIMM better wise up soon. 

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: BB Desktop Mgr 4.3/4.2 - Roxio Media Manager 9 - Runtime Error abnormal program termination erro

[ Edited ]

Hi Maax,

1) As far as the RIM support comments, have you called Rim and opened a

ticket and asked for support?  Toll free #: 877-255-2377

2) If you didn't call for support, then you came here to the RIM supported

user to user site. Complete documentation, knowledgebase and thousands of resolved problems

provided at the simple cost of a login, and basic research.  Instead of research and constructive

posts, you elect to vent? 

3) Google search provided these links in about 15 minutes. Lack of MAAX support.

Hi Dan and welcome to the forums!

These are links for completely cleaning your PC of Roxio Media Creator 9.

They are knowledgebase articles from Roxio. After cleaning you can re-install

if you like, or (JMHO) you can walk away happy.

I much prefer to use the Windows explorer "drag and drop" to manage media.

It's quick, efficient, and without program overhead/problems.

For XP:

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000086CR

For Vista:

http://kb.roxio.com/content//kb/Creator/000127CR 

Thanks,

Please remember to resolve your thread. Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks

Message Edited by Bifocals on 11-11-2008 02:48 AM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor

Re: BB Desktop Mgr 4.3/4.2 - Roxio Media Manager 9 - Runtime Error abnormal program termination erro

"Hi Maax,

1) As far as the RIM support comments, have you called Rim and opened a

ticket and asked for support?  Toll free #: 877-255-2377

2) If you didn't call for support, then you came here to the RIM supported

user to user site. Complete documentation, knowledgebase and thousands of resolved problems

provided at the simple cost of a login, and basic research.  Instead of research and constructive

posts, you elect to vent? "

Sir- I am sorry I did not respond to this post sooner, but the "vent" goes like this: there are three major car manufacturers asking Congress for billions of dollars because they released products to the public that were as well designed and ready for public consumption as this software BlackBerry released. I did open a ticket with BlackBerry and was told to contact my carrier, Verizon- who have nothing to do with this Media Manager product. Catch -22, anyone?

Secondly- let me commend to you that a heavily trafficked "support" forum is nothing to be proud of. I expect the product to work out of the box without repeatedly consulting a web forum. And the same goes for Microsoft's complacency- they're spending 40 billion dollars buying their stock back. But god bless 'em, they've got over 400,000 entries in the knowledge base for customers to sit down for a few hours and track down their issue. If you think, in your words, "thousands of resolved problems" is a record to be proud of, let me ask you to consider there shouldn't even be "thousands of problems" in the first place. 

Time to grow up, folks.And in case our Canadian friends haven't noticed, this smartphone market is getting really, really tricky- and cutthroat. 

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello maxx,

what do you expect from this forum ? I can't find a clear question to answer.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

i get this same runtime error message.  before this Curve, i had a pearl for a long time (two, actually) and never had a problem with roxio.

not trying anything fancy, just want to send some photos to my phone and like that.  

mp3's and ringtones would be next, i guess, but i can't get there.

i've re-installed the latest version of bberry software, which supposedly includes roxio, etc.

any ideas?  anyone?

thanks

brendan