Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook 16GB
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

BB Desktop SW Mac Won't Sync Contacts With PB OS 2.0

[ Edited ]

I just installed Playbook OS 2.0 AND the latest BB Desktop Software for Mac (2.2).  I am trying to sync my contacts (address book) from my iMac (OS X Lion) to my PB.  I've plugged in my PB via USB and it recognizes it.  I get 'Media' options for Music, Pictures, and Videos, but NO sync options for Contacts (or Calendar).  The Sync button in the upper right is grayed out as is the Sync option under Device.  I've read a LOT of forums and postings on the internet but nothing seems to work.  I've turned off Wi-Fi (a common suggestion) but no dice.  I AM running iCloud but I tried turning off Contacts in there (and restarting Desktop Manager) and it still didn't work.  Any and all help and assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: BB Desktop SW Mac Won't Sync Contacts With PB OS 2.0

Hey robtoby,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

I can definitely assist you. BlackBerry® PlayBook™ contacts can not be synchronized with the Mac.  You will need to use BlackBerry® Bridge or add a Yahoo!, Gmail or Hotmail email address to synchronize contacts wirelessly.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers Smiley Happy

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!