Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BB Desktop Software 4.5/Handheld OS 4.5 for AT&T Curve 8310

Does anyone have a BB Curve 8310 with AT&T and has been successfully able to upgrade to the desktop 4.5 and the O.S. 4.5 for the handheld? Is it possible?
Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8100 8300 8700 8800

Re: BB Desktop Software 4.5/Handheld OS 4.5 for AT&T Curve 8310

If you downlaoded the V4.5 from another company's website, you will need to delete the vendor.xml file before you can install it. Keep in mind, that that version, if its not released from your carrier may cause issues with your clackberry, including from what I have read make your Blackberry a paperweight and/or fry your sim card. IE, it may void the warranty on your Blackberry since its not tested on your carriers service.

If your carrier does have it available, most carriers will have instructions on how to downlaod and update your Blackberry on their website.

New to a Blackberry? Check out http://www.discoverblackberry.com
New Contributor

Thank you for your response. I appreciate you taking the time.

I downloaded the 4.5 desktop software several days ago and it works fine. I have not changed my OS and am still running 4.2 .
New Contributor

I just installed 4.5 OS on my Blackberry curve 8310. It's working like a charm. I noticed that I only had the camera function in the original 4.2 OS. I noticed that other than the camera installed in my phone, A video camera was included in the installation. All of my installed Apps which I purchased remained intact. however, you will have to go through the setup process upon successful installation to configure your phone icons and time zone and so on. 

Where did you download it?