Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

BB Desktop Software 6.1 will not run on Windows 7 64-Bit

I wrote to the forum of my problem, and a nice person here told me that I may be having the same problem as others and to repost my question to this link

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Desktop-Software-for-PC/BB-Desktop-Software-6-1-will-not-run-...

I went there and cannot find a button to tick to post to that page, so I went one back and posted my problem in hopes of finding help. BB4matt even told me what my laptop is.  A Genuine Windows 7 home Premium 64 bit Operating System, and that Desktop 6.1 will not run on this system, to copy my problen to the above link, (which I couldn't figure out how to do) or start a new one under the heading I used, that I MIGHT attract a guru of sorts, BB Tech Advisor, ViciousFerret. MR FERRET, please help!

Thank you all so much in advance once again! (Below is my original plea for help.)

P  

" 

Hi. :Helpsmilie:

I have read in these forums and am still lost.  I know my answer should be in hre somewhere, but if it is I am unable to understand it, so be patient as I may be reasking an already answered question.

I try to be a good lil girl and follow forum rules, but am lost here.

I bought a new laptop, a Dell 17R  It runs Win 7 I think. Lots of ROM/RAM.  I dowloaded the desktop program from bb dot com and cannot get it to work.  First it asked me to trouble shoot, and reconfigured the DT prog for Win XP.

It then acknowledged my Torch and dld my photos.  Then it decided I didn't have space and undid whatever it did.

NOW I cannot get the program, once it opens to recognise my phone at all! ACK!!

I need someone who understands this gobbltygook to explain to me what to do.  I need to unload my photos, as I use my phone to take pix more than I would have thought.

I am a photog, and it's better than my first digital this Torch 9800 is, and video quality, OMG, but the vids are too big to upload from the phone..........(IDK why cuz it did at Christmas?)

Anyway, please help me here, as I can use a computer, e-mail, Facebook, Picassa, other than that, IDK too much about them.  (It took my YEARS to spring for this laptop)

Thank you in advance for your patience.

P  :Angel:

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BB Desktop Software 6.1 will not run on Windows 7 64-Bit

I have the same issue.  It gets to a desktop manager picture and just freezes.