Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

BB Desktop Software Mac problem - disconnects phone

I have an Imac Mac running OSX Lion and after it recognizes my Curve 3G it tells me I had all kinds of updates.  I ran update and about 1/3rd the way through it stops, says it has failed to connect and disconnects the phone.  After that the phone is unresponsive and clocking away.  So is BB Desktop on the Mac.  Same goes if I try to Backup my phone.  Any ideas?  Cures?  

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: BB Desktop Software Mac problem - disconnects phone

Hey clack,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Do you have a JVM error present on the BlackBerry or do you have a black screen with a flashing led light? 

Also what version of BlackBerry Desktop Software are you using?

I look forward to your reply.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

I'm using 2.2.0 Desktop software and was able to resolve the issue in a not-so-perfect way.  I noticed that the sofware would hang right as it was backing up some preference files.  I'm sorry I can't remember the name of the files right now, but anyway.  I went into advanced settings and un-clicked the backup before upgrading option it let the upgrade continue, but at what cost?  Well, a lot of my data was lost.  Old texts, emails, preference files for my applications etc...  nothing crucial accept some "notes" that I had which were despensable, but handy.  I guess I should backup my phone more.  Now with the upgrade, backups seem to be working just fine.  

New Contributor
My Device: bold990
My Carrier: stc

ihave problem in my bb9900 allways hanging and go to silent profile, and when i call some time icant hear any thing ?
New Contributor

and also ibought new 9900 (5) times and the same problem , the strange thing inever complaine drom the betatey !
New Contributor

and also uhave to restart the device , to return it to the mormal profile ,
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi there,

I'm using BB Desktop Manager for Mac version 2.3.0 (build 12) with Mac OS X 10.5.8.

When I had my Bold 9700, it would back up no problem, until towards the end of its life, when it succumbed to a number of software bugs (and barely-existent battery life). 

Now, I've deleted the old BB desktop software and downloaded/installed the new version. It detects my Torch 9860 fine, but when I click "back up", it gets to 80% done and then says I disconnected the phone, when there's no way I even touched it. I've tried both USB ports on my Macbook Pro and I've restarted the computer. I've also done a battery pull on the phone while it's connected. Nothing works. 

What else can I do? I don't want to remove all past back ups/files because I have pictures and stuff that I don't want to lose. My phone is full right now, because I took video at an event tonight. -- And now I can't get it off the phone!! aaaah!! Please help??

Thanks!

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK

I'm having similar problems, meaning I cannot sync my 9900 anymore.

It's also backing up but not creating a back-up file (Blackberry Protect seems to be working ok).