Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: O2

BB Desktop Software does not open anymore. Error message

Hi, since X month I work with BB Desktop software Version 6.,1.0.36 on my PC with Microsoft Windows XP Home edition 2002 with Service pack 3. Since some weeks now I cannot open anymore the desktop manager.

Message: BB Desktop Software has encountered a problem and must be closed."

I already deinstalled and reinstalled the software on my PC but no effect. Whoy can help

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: BB Desktop Software does not open anymore. Error message

Kindly look for the device requirement online and see if your pc met all the needed requirements.

Ron
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: O2

Dear Ron, thank you for replay. But as it DID work for a very long time before and I did not change anything, do you really think that I will find something there?

BR Elke

Highlighted
My Device: Bold 9700 Smartphone

Same problem here 

problem began after performing windows update on 6/01/2012

deleted  BB program and reinstalled V5 from disk and it recognises the phone.  Did not download media manager because download very slow.  Updated to V6 and now the program tries to open the says "Blackberry desktop software has stopped working"  probably due to a W7 security update.  Not sure

What is the fix??