Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Developer
My Device: 8300 with 4.5.0.52 b75 OS
Accepted Solution

BB Device software - what and where

[ Edited ]

Hi everybody.

I had a problem with my application, thank to this forum, i've found the reason was old version of my device software (about box shows 4.5.0.52).

I need  version 4.5.0.62 and higher.

Today, i've spend several hours searching for any such version, but i'm only confused with all of the versions available.

So, my question is, what is the current available version? Is it stable version? Where can i download it? Can i download somewhere unstable/developing version? 

My BB device is 8300.

Thank you .

Message Edited by Blazej on 08-15-2008 03:39 PM
Message Edited by Blazej on 08-15-2008 03:40 PM
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: BB Device software - what and where

most people still use 4.2.2... why do you think 4.5.0.52 is not enough ?

for the current available version, it depends on your carrier.
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&thread.id=6807

for unstable versions, look on other forums like crackberry.com or bbgeeks.com , some people say "here's a new OS ! grab it" and you never know where that thing comes from and what's in it.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Xandrez,

This is why BklazeJ is looking for that specific version:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=java_dev&message.id=2373#M2373

Blazej, I would agree with Xandrex a "clean" version of this would be very hard to come by.

JMHO

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Guru I

This is not a recommendation to install, but if you need the software, check this link!

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&thread.id=7411

Let me know if this helps!

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Developer

I  need to open attachment, that could be .doc or .xml. It's comming to BB in encrypted form. To open it, i'm using Documents to go, and it needs this version of OS.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Blazej wrote:
I  need to open attachment, that could be .doc or .xml. It's comming to BB in encrypted form. To open it, i'm using Documents to go, and it needs this version of OS.
Hello,

if the sender puts the file (.doc or .xml or .txt or .csv ...) into a zip file, and send the zip file into an attachment, you can open the files in the zip without DocsToGo. I do that with my OS 4.2 .

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Developer

Yes, that's true. But my work is to get content of attachment, decrypt it (RSA/AES) and display it.

For the first part, i need a working firmware, ie. 4.2.2 , or as mentioned before, 4.5.62 and above. For the second, i'll use some 3rd party viewer, the plan was to use Doc2Go, but it requires 4.5. Now, i'll probably try some other viewer and tell the managers that in current state, doc2go is not usable solution.

Thanks everybody for all information.

Guru I

Please take a moment to resolve the thread using the options to the right of the yellow kudo's star.

Thanks you very much

Developer

[ Edited ]

I used that version, i've found (8300M_PBr4.5.0_rel75_PL2.7.0.66_A4.5.0.52_TIM_Italy.exe) and it looks good. Can use Doc2Go and i'm also able to open attachments, so it is what i was looking for.

Thanks again.

Message Edited by Blazej on 08-19-2008 03:27 PM