Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BB Email setup issues

Hello,

I've been trying to get my Gmail account set up on my BB Bold. I have gone to the AT&T setup site (https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular), signed in with my phone's info, and added my gmail account. I also used the site to resend the service books.

However, when I go to the Email Setup screen, I only get the "I want to use a work email account with a Blackberry Enterprise Server" option.

When I go to the Messages screen, if I try to compose and email I get a "No message services configured." message.

Am I missing a step somewhere? Is there a trick to making the personal email account option available in the email setup? Any help would be appreciated.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: BB Email setup issues

In the device go to menu, options, advanced options, host routing table, press menu again and register now.

Restart the device taking out the battery for 30 seconds and reinstall it again.

Let me know 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for the reply!

I'm not 100% sure on what you meant by reinstall, but if you meant restart, then I followed your directions. Unfortunately the situation doesn't seem to have changed. I still only have the BES option in email setup and there's still no message services configured.

Highlighted
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

So, call to your carrier customer center and ask if your device is running over the network.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.