Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BB Firm Directory

Hi everyone Smiley Happy

I have small problem: I'd like to update firmware in my BB 8700 and I know it's going to wip all the data. Obviously I'm going to make a backup but still I'm really concerned about Blackberry Firm Directory app. It cannot be seen from Desktop Manager. I need it but now I'm not able to get it from anywhere (I mean - its database).

I tried - of course - to make normal backup but it seems rather small (~190kB)... I mean that BBFD has a database of about 20,000 contacts, each with phone number, mail, etc. so it seems strange.

In short words - is it possible to make a backup this app and revert it on newer software?

I'm using BB 8700 (fm4.1.0.319) and Blackberry Firm Directory 1.5.1.

Any hints?

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB Firm Directory

kgadek wrote:

Blackberry Firm Directory 1.5.1.

Any hints?

Pardon my ignorance, but any hints on what that ^^ is? BBFD?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

It's the app that is holding a database of firm members and/or offices. It's name in menu is *** Firm Directory (where *** is the name of a company). 

Any ideas how to make the backup of it? Or where to look/who to ask? Google gives rather nothing, on other forums I got no response/offtopic posts.

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

If you are a corporate BES, your firm directory in the Address Book is reconciled through the BES.

If this is a separate application, that is pushed to your from your BES, inquire with your BES Admin.

Otherwise, I would say to to make complete backup of your device in Desktop Manager.

And if you are not sure, don't wipe your device.

Additionally, an OS upgrade to the device will normally backup and restore everything to the device as it was before. A glitch in the OS loading could hamper that, so your backup is wise to have.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code