Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9320
My Carrier: Wind
Accepted Solution

BB ID vs Desktop Manager.

[ Edited ]

Hi all. first, sorry for bad english (i'm italian).

i've a Curve 9320, my first BB.

those screenshots explains my issue:

http://postimg.org/image/atzzxr1dx/

http://postimg.org/image/6dnurrxt3/

Firmware 7.1.0.714 (operator Wind italy).

yesterday i opened the Blackberry App World. It opens and prompts me to update to Blackberry World (ok, site link, download, install).

then i restart, and opened the Blackberry World. It opens and prompts me to update the Blackberry ID. Again, update succesfull.

all ok, but when i've set all my phone (new apps, contacts/photo/music from the older...) i connect the 9320 to the Blackberry Desktop Manager for a Backup and for uninstall some apps.

The Blackberry Desktop Manager Show up with a Pending operation (see the screenshot) : reinstall some "older version" of  "necessary software". the Issue is that Is NOT possible to Deactivate this operation. It reinstall the OLD BB ID, then the BB World would install the NEW BB ID, then the Desktop Manager would reinstall the OLD..............................

How can be Fixed that?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: BB ID vs Desktop Manager.

on the desktop software, there is an option to not allow it to do automatic updates. I suggest you uncheck that option.

If you want to keep that option checked, then you need to install on your PC, the latest OS version for your 9320. Contact Wind if need be, you should be able to download it here:
https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=C8758B517083196F05AC29810B924ACA
(it seems you have already done that step though, since it is the same version 7.1.0.714...)

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

yes, the Firmware installed is the same. what i don't understand is Why the Updated BB ID is listed with a 7.3.0.11 version, and the Desktop Manager don't recognize it as a "new version to maintain", instead as a "weird version to delete for reinstall the older one".

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

I believe it is because the option I am talking is checked. Just uncheck it.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Unchecked!

[EDIT] after a pc restart, a "clean of device in the Desktop manager" and a reconnect, it Worked!