Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9720
My Carrier: EE

BB ID

I cannot verify my BB id  no matter what I do. I have tried re-registering and setting new pass-words but it will not let me in. I need to download the latest BB world to enable me to download Barclays mobile banking. Can anyone help?

Solutions: 6,378
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB ID

You've reset your password using the secret question and having a reset email sent to you?

Read this for instructions to reset your BlackBerryID password:

KB26361How to reset a BlackBerry ID password

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: 9720
My Carrier: O2

I'm also having problems with my BB ID. When I first got my new Blackberry yesterday, I mistyped my email address. Now I can't find a way to logout or recreate it on my Blackberry. Causing all kinds of blocks on the phone. Any ideas how I can reset my BB ID on my phone?

Scroll up, the reset instructions are just above your post.

But you don't need a reset. What I'd recommend for you is this:

--Find the initial email you were sent to confirm the initial BlackBerryID, and in it is a link to click to cancel and delete the account. Click on that, delete the account and then you can use that same email to create an entirely new account.

Spell the new one correctly!

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: bb 9720
My Carrier: vodacom

i got a 9720 new and gave my 8520 to a friend. now she cant get a bb id and neither can i. i have bbm but she cant get it. both the phones seem to have the same emails even though i registered her email on the 8520 but when i want to go to bbm it says this email is used on another device! how can her email be on my new 9720?? when i sign into my bb id on the desktop it accepts it but when i do on the 9720 it does not. this is driving me crazy! i want to throw them away! HELP PLZ

Yea, I am confused also.

Each device MUST have their own BBID.

The old 8520 MUST be security wiped to clear it of your BBID.  BlackBerry smartphone must be security wiped before transferring ownership   

Then, your friend will use her own, new BBID on the 8520 if she is to keep it.

Your 9720 will use your BBID.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: bb 9720
My Carrier: vodacom

is that why i can only log in with my bb id on a desktop? ok the rest i understand, i have backed up my stuff from the 8520, which now i can restore to the 9720 due to not having the bb id. so will that all come right again after the 8520 swipe? i did swipe the 8520 and its after that that its says her email is also on another device and if i click switch device it does nothing. so i cant create a bb id for her,its not working. also do i need to leave my sim or her sim in when doing the swipe?

cupiedoll wrote:

is that why i can only log in with my bb id on a desktop?

Yes. Why would you be logging in with someone else's BBID?

cupiedoll wrote:

i did swipe the 8520 and its after that that its says her email is also on another device and if i click switch device it does nothing. so i cant create a bb id for her,its not working. also do i need to leave my sim or her sim in when doing the swipe?

That's confuses me.

Let's make it simple. The 8520 is no longer yours. So, remove your SIM card from it. Perform the Secyurity wipe and and hand it to your friend.

Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: blackberry bold 9720
My Carrier: Vodacom

I forgot even my security question, and now i have exausted my attemps.

what do I do?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Akhumzi wrote:

I forgot even my security question, and now i have exausted my attemps.

what do I do?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please see this "sticky" post for helpful information concerning your BBID situation:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................