Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: O2

BB Maps Missing

Device info

Your carrier: O2 UK

Model info and OS version (Go to Settings, then Options, then about): 9780. v6.0.0.294 (Bundle 905, Platform 6.5.0.54)

Apps and free space

File free before and after a battery remove/replace. (Go to Settings, then Options, then status):

Did a battery pull fix your issue? No

When writing your question

Any other details that would help us out with your issue:

Good description of what is really wrong and how to reproduce if possible. Details of what you did before:

BB Maps never been on the device as an icon. Tried visiting blackberry.com/send/maps to download BB Maps however still doesnt show up on device. Tried battery pull after installing to no effect. Is there anyway to get BB Maps on my Bold 9780???

New Contributor
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BB Maps Missing

Just to be sure that it's not there....

Options->Device->Application Management

There is a filter across the top. Make sure it's set to Applications (All)

Verify Blackberry Maps isn't there....

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Same here. BB Maps is listed as installed, however no shortcut can be found on the active screen. Tried to uninstall and re-install, with no result.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Also spoke to T-Mobile rep and they told me to go ahead and replace the phone as pre-installed BB Maps was not there/not working. Okay I went ahead and got a replacement phone from the store. Guess what? BB Maps are still not there. Google Maps can install but would not run citing data plan does not exist (which is not true, as I have it).

What am I supposed to do without any maps?

Are there more users with the same problems or just isolated like the fellow up top and me? Please chime in!

My Device: blackberry9780

Hi!

i bought my blackberry bold 9870 and it says that tje bb maps is install but there is no icon in my phone too!!

New Contributor

Is the icon hidden?

From the home screen press the menu button and choose Show All

This should reveal all of the apps on the blackberry home screen.

In this new OS make sure you're looking at the All tab and one by one check each icon until you find the one that says Maps It looks like a rounded square with a purple line that moves diagonally up to the left then bends 90 degrees and moves diagonally up to the right.

If it's not on the home screen check the folders too to see if it was tucked away in there.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780

I’m experiencing the same problem, I bought my bold 9780 locked on orange and unlocked it to use on o2.  Blackberry maps is installed and it appears in application manager, other than that I cannot find this application any where else in the phone (I searched everywhere).  I have deleted blackberry maps through application manager and then reinstalled it through the browser download, rebooted the phone, again the same problem as before.  I have even wiped all the data on the phone and restored the whole os 6 through blackberry desktop manager and still no success, still cant find blackberry maps.  My device version is: 6.0.0.285 and branding version is: 1.0.142.503w. Please help.

Trusted Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

My 9780 came with BB maps preinstalled, however I decided to remove it and go with Google Maps.

1)Now, I think you guys should check with your operator once, coz some operators block BB Maps deliberately. Just check once even if you think thats not the case.

2)For People who dont the the app at all in your phone, you can navigate to blackberry.com/maps through your phone and download it.

3)In case nothing works out, you can try google maps as well. YOu can download it at m.google.com through your phone.

Good Luck!!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

take a peek at this thread for the launcher.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Torch-9800-smartphone/no-blackberry-maps/td-p/7513...

Some carriers block BB maps and you have to use a launcher or Poynt to use BBmaps.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Thanks for replying.  I got the problem fixed,  I went to advanced system setting in the settings menu and went to the host routing table option.  Once in that option I clicked the menu button on the handset and clicked ‘register now’ to register the device with my network provider (o2).  A message appeared saying ‘request sent’.  After that massage appeared I pulled the battery out the phone and then put it back in after a minute.  The phone rebooted and blackberry maps appeared on my home screen.  To use blackberry maps or Google maps you will require a blackberry data plan from your service provider.  I took out a blackberry bolt on with o2.