Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9900 Touch
My Carrier: TPG

BB Maps

Just got a new BB 9900 touch. Received an OS update as soon as I connected to my PC.

Now ... NO MAPS. It is no longer on the menu. Have uninstalled and reinstalled BB Maps using BB Desktop Software. It has DISAPPEARED!!

HELP ME PLEASE! I am new to BB world.

TIA

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BB Maps

Hello munmorah

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Are you able to use BlackBerry Maps before this OS update ?

Please be sure that it is not hidden , for that first Advice is to perform a Battery pull restart by removing the battery while your device is Powered On, after reboot see if on your Homescreen  BB Maps are available .

If still unable to find , then  verify the screen is in the ALL panel home screen press the Menu key and click on “ Show All Icon“ or “ Unhide Icon “,search check your Instant Messaging Folder, or Downloads folder ,  if you can see it but looks like faded then move your cursor over the icon and press Menu key and click   “unhide '

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Hi Munmorah,

I also experienced the same problem when I bought my 9900, just do pull batery then after reboot your bb maps should appear.. If not then check whether your're connected to blackberry service (BIS) or not because if not connected then it will not appear. If already connected and map still not appear, then in home screen try to type "map", then it will show map icon. Open map app then close it, your map icon will be shown in home screen as usual..
If want to thanks click "Like", if problem solved by this post then click "Solution" so others can find it
New Contributor

Thanks for trying

The phone is NEW. Did not check if maps were available before.

The phone is on 7.0 bundle 2406.

I dont see a "show all" or "unhide" option after pressing menu. Tried the battery trick but nothing changed.

Cheers

Elite II

Hello munmorah

Before trying are you on All Panel Homescreen ! Have you checked application folder , download folder ? Or on search field when you type BlackBerry Maps is it showing ?

As stevanuscolone also stated do you have BlackBerry Data plan from your carrier ?

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Thanks

My service provider does not support BIS. When I search for "MAP" I find the BB Map Icon. When I select it I get "Unknown Error" message. I guess I need a new service provider.

Thanks for your help.

Elite II

To use most BlackBerry Application including BlackBerry Maps we need a BlackBerry Data Plan from our Carrier or Mobile Network Provider , if your current provider do not offer BIS then you should your Service provieder to enjoy all services of BlackBerry .

Good luck.

New Contributor

Why? Apple does not have this impediment.

I have made a mistake choosing Blackberry :-(

BAD MOVE.

Elite II

munmorah wrote:

I have made a mistake choosing Blackberry :-(

BAD MOVE.

No ! I don't think you made a bad move Smiley Happy

Read this : BlackBerry Internet Service

But BlackBerry 10 devices don't need BIS . 

New Contributor

What is your point? You are confirming that I made A BAD MISTAKE CHOOSING BLACKBERRY BOLD 9900. The OS is not 10 it is 7.

:-(