Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BB Messenger Contacts Not Being Added

I recently upgraded to a BB 8330 and have my BIS all set up--browser is working fine, multiple email accounts added ok however I am having issues with my BB Messenger.  I have added my contacts to my contact list address book.  In trying to build my contact list in my Messenger, I am following the exact instruction on the BB site by clicking menu, add a contact, selecting the contact to add, clicking menu and requesting the contact.  All looks like it is flowing fine because the message line comes up and the it shows the request has been sent and added to the pending group which it has.  The problem I am having is that none of the contacts that I am sending this to ever see the actual request appear on their device.  It clearly shows the request is pending on my side however.

I contacted my carrier, Sprint, and they reprovisioned the data feature on the device with no luck.  I have searched the BB and Sprint sites with no success.  Are there some firewalls or filters that I do not know about I need to address or is it something else?  Everything else data on this phone appears to be ok--except getting this to work.  Can anybody help me with this? 

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: BB Messenger Contacts Not Being Added

How contacts are being added in your device? Via PIN or Email? Use PIN request coz this works to a greater extent then email.

Go to your BlackBerry Messenger -> click Menu and select Add Contact -> click Menu and select PIN request.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I was simply clicking on the menu key and then adding them via email.  How do I add them using a PIN if I do not know what their PIN number is?  In the menu option it doesn't give me that option--only a Request (email) then the contact name. 
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

What is your device OS version?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit