Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: 9650
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

BB Messenger Disappeared

I tried updating Blackberyy Messenger by downloading and installing a later version on being prompted via Blackberry World. Afterwards I realized that BB Messenger disappeared off my phone, but in App World it is saying it is installed. I tried deleting and reinstalling and it wont allow me to. Please help.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BB Messenger Disappeared

Hi TroymanMartin

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

First try a Battery pull restart , If still unable to locate then be sure it is not hidden , for that verify the screen is in the ALL panel home screen >  press the Menu button and select " Show All Icons" or Unhide Icon " . It will display all icons that were previously hidden. If you see BlackBerry Messenger icon as greyed then highlight it and press the Menu key and select Unhide Icon , also search your folders like Instant Messenger, Application folder etc. 

If still unable then  try reinstalling BBM  , but first On your Homescreen go to Options> Device > Aplication Management > locate and delete BlackBerry Messenger from that list .

KB10040  :  How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

Once it is done perform a battery pull restart by removing the battery while your device is Powered On , wait for a min then reinsert it back.

Finally after reboot use your BlackBerry browser and browse to www.blackberry.com/bbmdownload  to download the most recent available for your device. 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
My Device: 9650
My Carrier: AT&T

Thank you! Deleting it from Application Management and then downloading it from the website worked.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Telus

I was unable to download BB Messenger from the BlackBerry World site (I went this route as opposed to downloading using the browser), after following your steps to delete BB Messenger from the Device.  I was able to locate BB Messenger in the Uninstalled list of applications (it was not listed there, or in the list of Installed applications, prior to the deletion from Application Management).  This was the reason for my inability to perform the download.  I deleted BB Messenger from the list.  I pulled the battery to force a restart.

The deletion was unsuccessful; the application was still located in the Uninstalled list.  I decided to try reinstalling it, and the reinstall was successful.