Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

BB Messenger Status..can't IM

I am having a BIG problem w/ BB Instant messenger, I will be talking back and forth to one of my contacts and then they will go to UNREACHABLE, as do I on their phone. We are in the same place while we're using the IM and other people around us have the Storm as well and we both show available to them and are able to IM them. WHY PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME WHY WE ARE GOING UNREACHABLE TO EACH OTHER. it's just so far happened between myself and one person I IM. we have deleted each other readded and all. Rebooted and so on. I LOVE the IM b/c Im able to talk to them easier. Its not coverage issues we know that much. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

MandaRoo
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: BB Messenger Status..can't IM

The other suggestions I have are to try re-registering your device on the BlackBerry network and re-sending the service books to both of your devices.  I'm not certain that this will help, but it certainly can't hurt to try.  To re-register the devices, go to Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Tables.  Press the BB Menu button and select Register Now from the menu.  To re-send your service books, log in to your BIS or BES account (depending on whether you are a consumer or business client) and resend them.  If you need assistance with this, check with your BES admin or contact your carrier's BlackBerry Support line.  Follow all of this with a battery pull and see what happens.

Hopefully someone else will have other suggestions, but it sounds like a network related issue to me, which is why I hope this will help.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

WelcSmiley Happyme to the suppSmiley Happyrt fSmiley Happyrums mandaroo

I ditto Krypto - let us know

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Ill surely try it so far I have sent my registration for mine. I will probably end up calling VERIZON today and checking with them. I work for alltel/verizon wish I had my VZ training so I could fix it myself!! Also another question comes to mind what is SOS where the signal strength should be? HMM!! darn smartphones!

MandaRoo

MandaRoo
Contributor

Thanks krypto.. here comes where ya laugh at me a bit.. How or where do I log into my BIS acct? I am with VZ and it's my personal phone so I know its not enterprise acct.

MandaRoo
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hmmm...another suggestion since it's VZW. On both devices, dial *228 and option 2, then reboot (batt-pull) both. The SOS indicator implies that you have only emergency calling available, which indicates you are not fully on the network, which could be that your devices aren't finding the nearest VZW towers. Plus, on VZW, you should have 1XEV (all caps) under the signal strength meter. But, I've honestly never seen mine go into SOS when I am in VZW territory (it did so internationally a couple of times). Hmmm...thinking more...also check your Connection settings and make sure you are set to 1XEV and not Global nor GSM.

For logging into BIS, find the link in the following:

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Where_can_I_log_into_my_BIS_account%3F

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi mandaroo09,

To log in to the BlackBerry BIS account for Verizon, you need to go to:

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

If you haven't created a BIS account yet... you can also do that there.

Sounds like you also need to go to the Host Routing Table  (Options then advanced Options scroll down to host routing table... click on it... scroll down to the darkened verizon item... press menu and choose register now.  You should get a kickback message telling you it has been registered.)

Good Luck!  Let us know how things go.

Contributor

so far I all I did was resend service books, not sure if the other person did and seems to be ok tonight. Thanks for the info on signing into the BIS...guess Ill call VZ its saying my pin is already registered.
MandaRoo
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Yeah, Verizon can give you your login information so that you can access it yourself.  Smiley Happy

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!