Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Claro

BB Messenger

On My BB curve i could save the profile pics of my contacts on BB messenger.

ON BB torch i can only send images to facebook or in email etc but can't save to my files

Does anyone know how to do this or can't it be done?

thanks

My Device: Not Specified

Re: BB Messenger

From what I understand you want to change the contact picture of your contacts in the BBM (Blackberry messenger). The steps below will show you how to do this:

• On the Home screen, open the All tray, then scroll to and select the BlackBerry Messenger icon  (to select, press the trackpad or tap the screen).
  • Press the Menu key, then select Options.
  • The options screen will be displayed.
  • In the following fields, select the desired option:
  • Under "Miscellaneous" you will want to choose "Replace BlackBerry Contact Pictures With BlackBerry Messenger Pictures".
  • When you are here you will want to "disable" this feature if you would like to use pictures on your phone for the contact. If you select "enable" then you have to use pictures that are on the BBM for the contact.
  • Press the Menu key, then select Save.
  •  

Once you do this you might find that you have to select the contact in BBM and then highlight where their picture should be. Then you will press menu and this should allow you to use the pictures on your phone as their contact image in the BBM.

New Contributor
    My Device: Not Specified

Re: BB Messenger

[ Edited ]

You can save the contact picture on bb torch messenger.

Open the contact profile, go to the picture on the top left of the screen. before opening it, Press on the menu button and you will find "save image"