Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

BB Nextel 8350i-phone/dc issues

I have this BB for work. When I have the BB in my leather pouch and someone either calls(phone) or direct connects me and I take it out of the pouch to respond it says "unknown number". If I have the BB sitting at my desk out of the pouch and the phone rings or I get a DC call the name of the person comes up.I do have all my contacts in the address book. When I do take it out of the pouch I have to put in my password to open it,although I can still respond to the caller w/o the password. My question is "how can I get the phone/dc to show who is calling when i take it out of the case. Sorry if I confused you. I hope you can help. Thanks in advance. BTW- Nextel was no help. They said to talk to my company administrator,so I thought I would try here first.Thanks for the help. Dave
Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: BB Nextel 8350i-phone/dc issues

hello,

your company IT should be your first contact, it's their job Smiley Happy

Anyways, I think (but I'm not sure) that RIM prevents your device to access private information when your device is locked.
So while your device is locked, if you receive a phone call, the device cannot look in your address book (= private data) and cannot display the contact name.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: