Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

BB OS 4.5 questions/problems ??

I used 4.5.0.37 and just installed version 4.5.0.66 (build 66). I'm having a hell of a time finding a stable version. The 66 has a few new things on it for debugging and something called quincy. It wants to email rim I stopped it. I'm not sure if they would be pissed if we are using beta version. How do you go about getting on the BETA tester list ?

I also was woundering if anyone has used 4.5.0.18 ? I was reading that it is the most stable verison they have out Woundering if anyone knows anything about that. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm so frustrated I love new software and dont want to go back to 4.2. but my phone shuts off when it wants and the GPs is inaccurate and when it shuts down it takes like 3 minutes to turn back on.

I'm debating on waiting on the new 9000 or moving to the new iphone. Does anyone know if we can sync out Office suite to this phone ? Thanks again.. I had a bunch of questions lol....

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: BB OS 4.5 questions/problems ??

If I'm not wrong then both the version is currently uses as carrier test version. Any problem arises while using those can't resolved by the average users of the community. Mind you carrier evaluation softs might have some issues which were take care of by RIM before releasing for public. I'm one of the fortunate who used one of those versions and have nothing serious to complain about till now.  

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

I just upgrsded to 4.5.0.33 on my CDMA Sprint 8330 from 4.3. With the Docs to Go and a $70 upgrade to Docs to Go prem. You can drop and click office docs (Word, Ex and PP) to the blackberry. You can also create them on the device with the upgrade. However I have been unable to use D2G to do anything with attachments. I hear we have to wait untill BES and BIS upgrades are done before we can edit office docs that come in as attachments. I have a quwstion though. Eversince I upgraded I have had 2 issues: 1. Browser randomly dissalows selection of fields and radio dials. I have to go to options and chang to internet browser, clear all mem and cache and close browser and re open so I can start selecting. Sometimes a full phone re-boot is needed. 2. Can not select multiple messages. "Alt" does nothing for select anymore. It worked before the upgrade. On the iphone issue. Defineite no on initial modles. However with 3G and mobile.me there is some promise. However it still has crappy keyboard (my opinion) and 3G (GSM) still drastically slower than EVDO-REV0 and REVA. In my opinion if you have a high focus on business textual communication the blackberry is the only choice. Sorry so long. Hope this helps.
Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: vodafone

can you provide me link for 4.5 version if you dont mind i want just testing it.
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Check the below post -

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryDeviceSoftware&message.id=1239#M1239 

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: vodafone

you have the link for Vodafone OS 4.5 if relese ?
New Contributor

Is there any Curve 8300 running 4.5 version?
Developer

So, the long awaited Docs2Go is crippleware and it is less useful if you're not a business user. Is that what I'm hearing?
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 8310

ranchwest wrote:
So, the long awaited Docs2Go is crippleware and it is less useful if you're not a business user. Is that what I'm hearing?

I just upgraded the Docs2Go app, and the way I understand it is you have to add the docs while connected to the DM.  The only way to add docs from email attachments is to upgrade to the premium version.
Developer

Thanks for the reply.

That's very disappointing. IMHO, crippleware is very similar to extortion.