Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: Koodo

BB OS 6, What I think is missing so far and would like back...

[ Edited ]

So I updated my Pearl 3G recently and have been noticing some things missing, some small and some a bit larger. Now, I am not too sure where to go to let someone know so I've decided to make a list hoping the right people see this...

(in my opinion)

Minor:

-Calendar doesn't show my alarms on the month view like OS 5 (I like seeing which days have alarms). The visuals seem lacking when showing whats up that day (month view)

-As someone mentioned in an earlier post, the quick button to switch sound profiles doesn't work (instead it gives a "assign a speed dial...")

-When quickly going to my 5th option on my app bar, it all too easily switches to the next folder (annoys me...) Turning down sensitivity seems to have worked...

-There is no menu option to "See all songs" in the media player (browsing songs in the "Now Playing" are A LOT harder because of this since it doesn't show the titles fast enough...)

-When looking through songs in "Now Playing" in the media player, I personally wouldn't mind having what current song number also with the "X Ahead"...

-A small annoyance for me is when I plug it in, now there is an extra step to connect USB. I usually press the Back button for "Charge only" and put the password in for "USB Drive". I don't know if it annoys anyone else...

-The browser now has an address bar. In my opinion it takes up screen real-estate (maybe have an arrow so if you navigate your mouse up above it, it pops down?)

-Picture viewer had a "Zoom 1:1". I know I used that ALL THE TIME...

Major:

-The media buttons do not work globally anymore. They only work when I am in the media player (MAJOR takeaway for media player capabilities) It seems like they work for me now. Just needed another battery pull...

Wishlist: (I know its past Christmas, but why not )

-Native scientific calculator mode?

Well that's what I have so far. If you have anything to add, reply and I might be able to get it up here or if one of these issues I mistakenly overlooked a solution to, reply. If you work for RIM and/or work on the OS's then thank you for reading through all of that and I hope that there is something that can be done for us Blackberry users...