Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BB Pearl 8120 T mobile

Is there anyway to read my email from my wideopenwest account on my 8120 if I don't have bb internet package?  From the T Mobile website, I have my email being forwarded to my 8120 as a text message (I think).  I can see the sender and the subject but cannot read the body of the email.  The number on the top of the email is 700 with the mailbox icon, which is normally a phone number when I get an actual text message.  I can get on the internet and log in to my email with wideopenwest but the phone will not show the emails that way either.  I can log in--then nothing.  I have WIFI so I can get on the internet without paying for the BB internet package.
Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BB Pearl 8120 T mobile

I am having the same issue with my 8120.  My home emails show up as both a text message and as a email, with the 700 in the upper left part of the screen.  My work emails go through the enterprise system and only show up as emails.  I have been working with the t-mobile store where i got the phone but they have not gotten back to me with a answer from blackberry technical.  This is really getting annoying because it does not need to show up twice.  I tried to separate the text from emails but that did not work.  Like you said the emails that come in as text i am not able to read either.  Help to fix this would be greatly appreciated.
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: BB Pearl 8120 / 8700 T mobile, a fix for the problem of a notification coming from "700" on every email

The problem is not with your phone its with T-Mobile website. Its a very easy fix, you have to log onto T-mobiles website and go into "manage my email account" go into "Alerts" and uncheck the box. Esentially with the box checked Tmobile was sending you a text message every time you had new mail. Take care.