05-13-2008 11:32 AM
I would like to move the pictures that are on my phone over to my PC, I have always been able to do this on other phones. I do not see an upload option though. Anyone know if this is even possible?
05-13-2008 12:09 PM
05-13-2008 12:18 PM
05-13-2008 12:59 PM
If you have a media card in your blackberry and you have saved your pictures to that media card, follow these instructions:
1) On Blackberry go to options, then media card, then turn "Mass Storage Mode Support" to "on", Also turn "Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When connected:" to "yes", then save those changes.
2) Connect Blackberry to computer.
3) Open Windows Explorer and navigate to Blackberry drive, usually Drive: F.
4) Open up Blackberry folder and open up "Pictures" Folder and drag and drop pictures to any location on your PC.
Use Roxio Media Manager in Desktop Manager to do the same thing. I think it's a lot faster to do it the first way though. Sometimes, depending on how many applications and programs you are using or how much RAM is on your PC it may take a while to load up desktop manager and then roxio media manager. If you also have pictures on your internal device memory you will have to use Roxio Media Manager to copy the photos. To avoid this, when you first put your media card in your device, click on the camera icon, a message will pop up, "Media card detected. Always save pictures to media card?" Select "YES"
If you do not have a memory card and your pictures are saved to your internal memory, follow these instructions:
1) Connect Blackberry to computer
2) Open up Desktop Manager
3) Open up Roxio Media Manager
4) Navigate to Pictures in Blackberry Device memory in bottom left-hand frame and drag and drop photos from Device memory to frame directly above frame with pictures. The pictures automatically get saved in My Documents/My Pictures/Devices Download files.
05-13-2008 01:09 PM - edited 05-13-2008 02:50 PM
I prefer the Curve 8300. That is what I have. It is not that much wider than the Pearl. The benefits of the Curve which the Pearl does not have are these
1) Full qwerty keyboard which makes e-mailing and typing faster and easier.
2) You can put about 4 hours of video on a 4 GB micro SD card. I have converted full length DVDs to a compressed AVI format and have watched them on my blackberry. You can do this with a Pearl, but it is better to watch a movie on a bigger screen.
3) Curve has a wider screen, which is especially nice for watching videos, looking at pictures, powerpoints, PDFs etc.
4) Shortcuts in e-mail program and other applications.
05-13-2008 01:15 PM
I have the 8310 how do you make a video? I can find no where on the device for recording yet it shows an album for storage? help
The Curve does not have video recording functionality yet. This will be available when the new 4.5 OS is released.
05-13-2008 02:41 PM - edited 05-13-2008 02:47 PM
Ooops... JeremyKitching is right.
I forgot to say, I have Version 4.5. I installed it on my BB 8300.
It also has documents to go and the format for e-mail and other apps on the BB is much more clear and readable. It also has HTML e-mail. It is for the 8310, 8300, 8800 and the Pearl.