Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8130

BB Pearl - Can you upload pictures to your PC?

I would like to move the pictures that are on my phone over to my PC, I have always been able to do this on other phones.   I do not see an upload option though.   Anyone know if this is even possible?

Thanks!!   

Highlighted
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: BB Pearl - Can you upload pictures to your PC?

Yes, you can do this. If the pictures are stored in the BlackBerry's main memory (i.e. no microSD memory card) then you will need to install the Desktop Manager application WITH the Media Manager option. Once you open the Media Manager module you will be able to move media files between the computer and the device's main memory.
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8310

Jeremy is correct. However, if you do have a microSD card and you do not have the Desktop Manager, when you plug your Pearl in via USB, it will see it as another Drive on your computer. Then you can drag/drop pictures into a different folder on your computer.
Rick Lukowicz
AT&T Blackberry Curve 8310
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000 BES OS 4.6.0.162

If you have a media card in your blackberry and you have saved your pictures to that media card, follow these instructions:

1) On Blackberry go to options, then media card, then turn "Mass Storage Mode Support" to "on", Also turn "Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When connected:" to "yes", then save those changes.

2) Connect Blackberry to computer.

3) Open Windows Explorer and navigate to Blackberry drive, usually Drive: F.

4) Open up Blackberry folder and open up "Pictures" Folder and drag and drop pictures to any location on your PC.

OR

Use Roxio Media Manager in Desktop Manager to do the same thing.  I think it's a lot faster to do it the first way though.   Sometimes, depending on how many applications and programs you are using or how much RAM is on your PC it may take a while to load up desktop manager and then roxio media manager.   If you also have pictures on your internal device memory you will have to use Roxio Media Manager to copy the photos.  To avoid this, when you first put your media card in your device, click on the camera icon, a message will pop up, "Media card detected.  Always save pictures to media card?"  Select "YES" 

If you do not have a  memory card and your pictures are saved to your internal memory, follow these instructions:

1) Connect Blackberry to computer

2) Open up Desktop Manager

3) Open up Roxio Media Manager

4) Navigate to Pictures in Blackberry Device memory in bottom left-hand frame and drag and drop photos from Device memory to frame directly above frame with pictures.  The pictures automatically get saved in My Documents/My Pictures/Devices Download files.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I prefer the Curve 8300.  That is what I have.  It is not that much wider than the Pearl.  The benefits of the Curve which the Pearl does not have are these

1) Full qwerty keyboard which makes e-mailing and typing faster and easier.

2) You can put about 4 hours of video on a 4 GB micro SD card.  I have converted full length DVDs to a compressed AVI format and have watched them on my blackberry.  You can do this with a Pearl, but it is better to watch a movie on a bigger screen. 

3) Curve has a wider screen, which is especially nice for watching videos, looking at pictures, powerpoints, PDFs etc.

4) Shortcuts in e-mail program and other applications.

Message Edited by metroberry on 05-13-2008 02:50 PM
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8310

I have the 8310 how do you make a video? I can find no where on the device for recording yet it shows an album for storage? help

Bryan P Hoare :-)
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

Iceman wrote:

I have the 8310 how do you make a video? I can find no where on the device for recording yet it shows an album for storage? help

The Curve does not have video recording functionality yet. This will be available when the new 4.5 OS is released. 

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8310

Thank you for that I will await the arrival of the 4.2 OS.

Bryan P Hoare :-)
New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8130

Thank you for the responses.  I will give them a try.   
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ooops...  JeremyKitching is right.

I forgot to say, I have Version 4.5.  I installed it on my BB 8300.

It also has documents to go and the format for e-mail and other apps on the BB is much more clear and readable.  It also has HTML e-mail.   It is for the 8310, 8300, 8800 and the Pearl.

Message Edited by metroberry on 05-13-2008 02:47 PM