Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: UFone

BB Pin sharing on bbpins.com

A friend of mine sent me this link bbpins.com, its basically a pin sharing website. It looked fun so I was thinking about joining it but had some questions that I needed answered before I did so. The wesite alos help me get a hold of people around where I live so I can use that to promote parties and stuff so it could be a useful site to me. First of, as I had already asked before and have sort of paranoid on this one, that can someone take advantage of me by using my BBPin, like as in hack my phone, copy data of it, steal personel information, plant it with a virus or other harmful software, clone my pin and hence my phone to receive my calls texts and other thing like BBM message and email etc.
I have a lot of data on my phone which wouldn't want to see in wrong hands and I have also linked a lot of my account to my phone so the above is a BIG concern for me.
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: MTN

Re: BB Pin sharing on bbpins.com

Hello !

See thats a very common problem which everyone faces.

Actually hacking is possible to certain extent with it (but the guy need to be very smart for that) if we upload our PIN in such unsafe websites.

And regarding Virus then once you add some one on your list and he/she forwards you some tupid link which may contain virus then there is probability of loosing data out of your device.

So would recommend you can do it if you like but at your own risk ( hoping that no one indulges into hacking and virus business).

Hope that resolves your Problem!

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: UFone

No it doesn't resolve the problem. Plus awkward answer.
New Contributor
My Device: curve
My Carrier: virgin

Be Very Caustious!

Would not recomend doind such actions!
if you need to find people then add them on FB or Tweeter but only if you know them!