Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

BB Playbook App World Download Problem

So I recently upgraded my PB to the latest OS 2. After the update was finished, I quickly went to check the app world for any android apps available to download and the first thing I saw was the Modern Combat 2 and Asphalt 6 game for FREE. I tried downloading the 2 games but the download takes forever. After the green circle thing on the right finishes spinning, it says "Downloading..." and just stays there and it never seems to have any progress.. I even tried leaving the playbook on overnight but there was still no progress. 

I checked my uninstalled apps and apparently, most of the apps I downloaded prior to the update was there but I still had them on my playbook fully functioning. What's more surprising was that I saw Modern Combat 2 and Asphalt 6 on there even though I did not download it yet. Also. I tried to download other apps to see if it's not just those 2 games and I found out that all apps have the same problem.

Any ideas on what's going on and what I can do to fix this problem? All help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

My Device: playbook
My Carrier: rogers

Re: BB Playbook App World Download Problem

I just got the playbook yesterday and I am having the same problem. It seems to hang when downloading. No progress on the bar.

Any ideas?

Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9800
My Carrier: digicel

Re: BB Playbook App World Download Problem

Hi, I'm seeking assistance, I have a blackberry playbook but I don't have a wifi coverage, I use the blackberry bridge as an access to the internet. I would like to fing out though, if you can download games directly to the playbook and how?. Another is that I want to watch free tv episodes via the blackberry bridge on my tablet any solutions? Looking foward for response(s) thank u!