Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900, P'9981
My Carrier: Virgin
Accepted Solution

BB Protect

My BB was previously used in an enterprise and the main account was an enterprise account.  I am no longer working for that enterprise so I want to use BB Protect on my device.  The icon is there but when I try to launch BB protect I get the message that the device is using an enterprise account and therefore not applicable to use BB protect.

How do I change the setting so the device knows I am no longer on a BES service,  I only have BIS service.

Thanks,

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BB Protect

Hello,

Since the device was used there still is some IT policys on the device that may be causing you to not use the applications. I would first backup your device using the desktop software so you don't lose any of your data then you will need to follow kb listed below to reset your device back to factory settings.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/kb18998

Once you complete the reset you will be able to reload your information back onto your device then be able to use Blackberry protect.

Regards,

Nick

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.
New Contributor

Well, no I am really pissed.

I backed up my entire device with DTM. 

Followed the KB and reset to factory settings.

restored my data back to my device, but ALL of my contacts are gone, and DTM says that the contacts cannot be restored.  All he other folders/data were restored except for contacts!!!  The file is there in the backup but grayed out and DTM will not let me select the file to restore back to my BB!!

Email is working...  but STILL no messages are being saved to my BB.

New Contributor

I should have said... That BB Protect now works fine, but i NEED all my contacts list back. And all the old enterprise emails are now gone from the device and were not restored.
New Contributor

I used the KB 10339 and manually restored my contacts from the back up file on my PC to the BB.

Thanks for your help.

My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Telkomsel