Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Storm2
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB Reboot Changes Facebook Notification Settings

I changed my Facebook notification options in the BB Facebook application.  I went into the options screen and unchecked "Facebook Notifications".   I still get the FB notifications as an email on my BB, but not as a specific Facebook notification as I got before.  So far it seems to work.  I hope it continues to work.

Contributor
My Device: 9630

Keep us posted.

alspharmd wrote:

I changed my Facebook notification options in the BB Facebook application.  I went into the options screen and unchecked "Facebook Notifications".   I still get the FB notifications as an email on my BB, but not as a specific Facebook notification as I got before.  So far it seems to work.  I hope it continues to work.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB Passport and Z10
My Carrier: AT&T, and VZW

AlspharmD

So far your solution is working. Would like accept your solution but for some reason cant find the option to mark it as such!!  Gave you a kudo!

Thanks!

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Sprint

I used to have my settings like that and I'm pretty sure I experienced the same problem.  I'll have to go back and check.  Just as an FYI...I changed my settings because I found that when I was getting the notifications via e-mail, if I deleted a message that someone sent through FB on my BB, it didn't just delete it from my Blackberry.  It deleted it from FB too which resulted in lots of lost messages.  Smiley Sad  It didn't always behave that way.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

KristyKay,

Sorry you lost messages. That's new with the latest version of the Facebook app. The good part of it is the inbox is now synced between FB and the app. The phone no longer shows just messages you sent from it.

New Contributor

So far, so good.  I think I've done 2 battery pulls and my facebook settings have stayed the same.  

I found this suggestion somewhere on the net when I found this forum, so I can't take credit for it.  Hopefully it continues to work.

Contributor

Not to take this thread off on a tangent but I think it was a poor decision to delete messages in the FB inbox when you delete them from the BB (when you receive your notifications in your BB Messages).  There should be an option, like there is for email in the BB Messages, to delete from just the BB or from the BB and the FB Inbox.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

In case anyone is curious, I upgraded to the new version of FB (1.9.0.28) and it did NOT fix the problem.  My FB notifications are still changed whenever my BB is rebooted.

Contributor
My Device: 9630

Interesting because I just updated; it just restarted & my settings are fine. I'm going to reboot again to be sure

New Contributor

This fix seemingly worked.  My facebook notifications have not inadvertently changed since I made this adjustment.