03-06-2011 12:12 AM
I have just got a bb storm 9530 and I cannot get it to work on TATA sim ( CDMA). It works on Idea sim ( GSM) but does not perform any of the BB functions. How can some one help me to get it to work on TATA and also allow me to make full use of the phone?
03-06-2011 02:22 AM
CDMA side of Storm is different than GSM.
1. Ask Tata to provision your BB ESN & PIN in their HLR
2. Post this provisioning, you need to goto dialpad, Press ##000000 & goto programming screen. Here you have to put ur MDN, IMSI, BB Reg ID, NW details etc. Device will reboot
3. Then you need to load Tata PRL. It canbe done by *222 or you have totake it to Tata Gallery for Manualloading of prl.
4.Once above is done, then ur device will work for Voice & SMS
5. If you need Data (BIS/BES), you need to get some more programming done so you get an IP address (Chk##000000 & see if IP address is there)
Hope this helps
AM assuming you have a foreign BB.
I have used such BB on Tata for past 4 yrs wout any problems
03-06-2011 03:57 AM
Thanks for your response. I have what you call a refurbished handset from Verizon wireless. The" activation required" sign is still on and when you try and log onto it it seems that it could have been a Reliance handset.
in such a case what does one have to do? Much as what you have described or something else. I am very new to the use of a blackberry and do not understand much of what you have just said. Can it be better explained? Thanks in advance
03-06-2011 11:58 PM
Take your handset to Tata Gallery.
Tell them that it is a foreign Handset. Tata will take your ESN for provisioning.
Unlike GSM handsets, where all the data is available on SIM card, in CDMA handset, operater needs to provision the handset in the HLR before user can use it. As it is a foreign handset, Tata doesn;t have its ESN in its database. hence you need to do some legwork to do it.
03-07-2011 07:20 AM
Thanks for all the info. will take it to Tata Store and see what they can do with it. Just out of curiosity, does the BB Service have to be provided by both GSM and CDMA providers or is it if one provides then the other automatically receives as it is already been activated.
03-07-2011 01:47 PM - edited 03-07-2011 01:47 PM
Each carrier delivers ALL services to their users...including BIS. Hence, a BIS account from a different carrier should not work on Tata...but sometimes it does for a short while (until your original carrier discovers that you are no longer paying them yet are using their fee-based BIS service). But, you must be sure that your old BIS account is closed and your BB PIN removed from their BIS system...otherwise, Tata will not be able to create a BIS account for you on their system.
BIS is tied to the BB PIN -- not the SIM.
03-08-2011 03:28 PM
Bought a BB 8830 WE locked to Verizon. Went to Tata gallery but they said that there is a Akey issue due to which even if they moved my number to BB, it wouldnt work
Tried a lot of googling and found that the CDMA part has to be flashed and not unlocked
Since I am a dud in this, I need your help in this
1. Flashing would need the latest Tata prl file and a software. Do you have the latest PRL file or any source where I can get the file from?
2. Any tutorial on how to flash and what things to keep in mind so that the handset does not get messed up
3. Learnt about three softwares QPST, QXDM and CDMA workshop, which ones the best and easiest to use
06-30-2011 07:52 AM
tata indicom are not helping me out with this problem here in kolkata...what to do ? ?? they ask me to check my ESN no..and go to blackberyy forum to check blah blah blah blah.... i'l been struggling this thing for olmost a year!! **bleep** it!!