Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BB Storm 9500
My Carrier: Vodafone

BB Storm 9500 Screen Glitches

Hey all,

I've had my BB S 9500 for approximately 7 months and it has been working beautifully. However, recently when i write sms, scroll my apps etc the screen has been glitching quite badly with random bits of screen going everywhere. I have restarted the phone, deleted some apps, cleaned the memory etc, however nothing seems to be working to get rid of these frustrating glitches. I have no dropped the phone or spilt water or left it in the heat etc, so this is obviously a technical issue. I was just wondering how many other owners of the BBS 9500 have had this same problem??

I am taking this phone to my provider tomorrow hoping for a repair. Any replys are helpful.

Cheers.

Sam

Solutions: 6,420
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB Storm 9500 Screen Glitches

samantha1991 wrote:
the screen has been glitching quite badly with random bits of screen going everywhere.

I don't understand what you mean by "random bits of screen going everywhere".

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Storm 9530

I understand what you're talking about.  I have the Storm 9530 and when it started getting "all glitchy" on me, I took it to the store to see what they could do to fix it.  After over an hour of having every person working in that retail store give it a shot, one of the saleswomen finally gave me advice that worked. She told me that since the new Storm came out, they now offer a free upgrade to all of the original Storm users via their website (to make it more comparable to the speed and ease of the new one). I downloaded the new "update" that allows the phone to run closer to the capacity of the new storm (it's free and you just need your USB cord for your phone to connect to the computer.) It worked like a charm! It completely fixed all of the weird, very random, seemingly crazy little problems that my Storm had accumulated over the first 6 months I had it. Now my phone works seamlessly!  I have had to do this again since then....and it is always after I download a few new apps and games that all of the oddities begin...so I know the phone is just picking up viruses somewhere in the downloads.

Forums Advisor II
My Device: 9550 Storm2/Verizon

Could you provide a link to this "new" upgrade?  I just spent an hour going hither and yon at Verizon and couldn't locate such an upgrade.

The two single biggest differences affecting "speed" are not now and will never be correctable via software upgrade.  The Storm2 has double the application memory and has wi-fi.  No hocus pocus will give the Storm 9530 either.

Наглый пес! Вы должны быть благодарны мы даем Вам возможность проживать в нашем мире!
BB 9550 Verizon OS 5.0.0.1015 My Storm My Blackberry My Lifeline
If there is a Theme on my Blackberry, Hedone it!
If someone successfully helped you with an issue, say thank you by clicking "kudos" in their post and clicking the star.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!