Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BB Storm keeps deleting my Outlook Calendar

Found various posts regarding similar situations but no specific answers. I'm syncing the BB Storm with Outlook 2007 Calendar. The BB storm keeps wanting to delete my Outlook Calendar appointments from expired/past appointments. I can choose resync and them it adds them back into the BB Storm however often times these are duplicated in the BB calendar. Any idea how I can tell the BB Storm to just not delete these?

Thanks

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: BB Storm keeps deleting my Outlook Calendar

To keep the calendar entries follow the below procedure -

1. Go to Calender
  2. Options
  3. General Options
  4. Keep Appointments: Forever

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Contributor

Excellent. Thanks!

Greg

New Contributor

@tanzim:  You suggest    1) Go to Calendar

Where?

In Desktop Manager, I can configure calendar only when 'Selecting Device application) and choosing Outlook.  After than I can 'Setup' and 'Advanced' tabs and neither have an option to 'Keep Appointments Forever'.

Where would I find this option if it isn't in Desktop Manager?  I have a new Storm 9530 (Verizon).

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

amycelona wrote:

@tanzim:  You suggest    1) Go to Calendar

Where?

In Desktop Manager, I can configure calendar only when 'Selecting Device application) and choosing Outlook.  After than I can 'Setup' and 'Advanced' tabs and neither have an option to 'Keep Appointments Forever'.

Where would I find this option if it isn't in Desktop Manager?  I have a new Storm 9530 (Verizon).

On your Storm -- go to the Calendar App...then continue...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Awesome, I just tried that now (I didn't realize that you could edit the calendar app for that)... I'll check tomorrow if that works (because it is usually the day after a full synch I get the delete request.

Thank you in advance for your reply (fingers crossed it works!).

New Contributor

@sdgardne:  You are awesome!!! 

My problem is finally fixed!!!  Your suggestion that in the 'Calendar' on the Blackberry itself there are options and one of them is to keep appointments forever.

So, for other 'noobs' like me, step by step (I'm typing slowly for people like me new to BB and not getting this):

On the Blackberry (BTW, I have a Storm with the latest OS)

>Calendar

>Options

>General Options

>Under 'Actions' choose 'Forever' from the 'Keep Appointments' option

That did it.  It is 3 days now and it synchs fine.

My setting on the Desktop Manager is to synch with Outlook (I have Outlook 2007 if that matters),   >Two Way Synch  >Transfer All Scheduled Items

By the way, I've had suggestions of doing variations on the settings in Desktop Manager, however not matter what I set, it wanted to delete appointments from my calendar.

I'm from years and years of Palm OS and it seems to me that there was way more control over synch options, even if it was great apps that more closely synched with Outlook.  I love everything else about it.  This year alone I started off in January with a Samsung Omnia then tried an iPhone (don't get the hype, don't get good service where I live), and reluctantly tried the Blackberry (it's an ex-Palm devotee thing maybe).  The Blackberry is a keeper but I got tripped up on the synching.

New Contributor

My settings show that I keep my appts forever, but when i sync the desktop manager it still tries to delete the old appts.  it is driving me nuts...

New Contributor

You're right... after a few days of being away, I just synched again and it is trying to delete 209 past events from my Outlook.  This bites, I thought that it was fixed.  I wonder now if I am going to get duplicates as I chose 're-synch' and it is adding.  Of course the synch process goes on and on, I won't know for another 5 minutes.

Honestly, if this keeps up, it would be a reason to turn it back in and turn my Samsung Omnia back on and eBay my Storm.

New Contributor

I'm brand new to this forum and haven't figured out how to properly post.  I think my brain is frazzled after trying to fix my problem all day!  I'm having the same issue of having prior months' calendar entries deleted, even when the device says "keep forever."  Has anybody found a solution to this?

(And does anybody else feel frustration that we can't contact blackberry directly for help?)