Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BB Storm keeps deleting my Outlook Calendar

Any of the experts out there able to trouble shoot this yet?

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Okay, I called Verizon (because if I called Blackberry directly they would charge me) and because I only purchased it at the end of May, Verizon got me past the 'payment' part of support department at Blackberry.  This time, Blackberry support had me delete a folder that 'remakes' itself ("Intellisynch"). 

If you dont' have Verizon, then you probably have to bite the bullet and pay for support but I will try and recreate what they had me do in the hopes it will help you. I understand the frustration.

First of all... for those of you wondering, it isn't right that the handheld should want to delete old events from your Outlook.  Support says that it is from a corrupt Intellisynch folder.  I am on Vista 64 bit and the steps we took were:

>C drive

>Users

>Amy (my user folder name)

>AppData

>Roaming

>Research In Motion

>BlackBerry

>Intellisynch  <--they had me delete this folder and then open up the Desktop Manager

Once in the Desktop Manager, they had me go into 'Synchronize' and then I set up synchronization again (because removal of that folder wiped out settings that were there).

So far so good (but last time I thought so too). I am hoping that this works this time.  Last time I went a week before it happened.  Here's to keeping positive thoughts (I otherwise love the phone).

Message Edited by amycelona on 07-13-2009 09:36 PM
New Contributor

I am still having problems with this.  I am going to break down and call them as well. 
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telus

just to let you you know.

blackberry charges if you go directly to them

btu they do ahve a partner ship with pretty much all carriers

if you call the carrier and they are not able to solve it, they are supposed to escalate it to blackberry themselves

and going this route is free, but its up to the carrier

New Contributor

thanks drizz. i will get in touch with verizon

New Contributor

I think I've finally fixed my problem.  When you're synching and it asks if you want to delete the 1027? calendar entries, click on the "re-sync" option.  I had printed out copies of my calendar so that I could re-enter everything if need be, but when I clicked on that option it retained ALL the old calendar entries, and I haven't had that problem again.  (And it's been three weeks.  Of course, we'll see if after the first of August whether I have that situation again...)  Hope this helps.
New Contributor

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!  I have been fighting with this for months!  I kept thinking Outlook was doing it!!

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

I am still having the "deleting appointments' issue,   After syncing and all OK for a few days without  syncing  again using DM, I noted that all my past appointments older that 30 days are gone on my device.  I have the Keep Forever thing done and don't believe this has anything to do with DM as I have not used it since the appointments have been deleted.  Yes, I have rebooted a few times and maybe that deleted them.  (Of course if I were to perform  a 2 way sync now using DM, since the appointments are off the device, it will try to delete from Outlook,

New Contributor

Hi

I am just as frustrated . I am with Bell Mobility and they know less then I do,Offering no help.

I have other posts regarding this same problem.

I am disappointed with the lack of support from BB. Just thinking about paying blackberry to talk to them about their failure to make a stable OS sounds stupid .

This is how I get around it for now.

In Outlook

CLICK File

CLICK Import and export 

Select Export to a file

CLICK Next

Select Comma separated values(windows) 

CLICK Next

Select calendar under personal folders

CLICK Next

I name the file      today's date/calendar

After I sync I do the reverse select import select my file I just exported and I click don't transfer duplicates.

I have to sync almost daily.

Visitor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

Been using a Storm 9530 from Verizon for 14 months.  Last January 2009 it deleted all calendar entries for previous years (I had brought over my Outlook calendar which had several years). 

Keep Forever was selected but made no difference.  I got around it by only synchroning from Outlook to the BB. 

Today, January 1 2011 it once again tried to delete all past entries, even though the keep forever was selected.  The latest Desktop software at least gave me the chance to say no.

I then went to this forum to see if there has been a fix.  I was reminded of the Keep Forever so I went to that menue  in my BB.  Then went back to read the forum on my computer.  BB screen went black.  When I went back to it I pressed the screen but it did not light up....  however the little clock symbol appeared in the center indicating that it was working.  When it stopped all by 2010 calendar entries had been deleted.  The BB was NOT connected to by computer!  There is no mass delete option in the menu!

I used Palm for almost 15 years.  This synching is basic stuff.  Given how BB does not pay attention to it, and seems to have little concern for the individual or small business user, I for one will get a new phone from other vendor.    Anyone have suggestions ?