Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BB Storm won't Sync to MAC Address Book using Pocket Mac

I have the new drivers installed for Pocket Mac and have received numerous emails from BBerrry tech support.  Device will not sync!  I have had it for 4 months.  Ready for iPhone.

Anyone solve this yet?

Thanks

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB Storm won't Sync to MAC Address Book using Pocket Mac

Greetings, and welcome to the BlackBerry.com Support Forums.

You're going to need to post some detail of what errors you are getting when you try to sync.

For instance, does the BlackBerry device show as connected, for starters... and from there, what else?

(and what emails from BBerry tech support?, help us help you)

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply..

Blackberry is recognized by Sync software.  It will sync Contacts - but not Calander or Tasks.  Both are affiliated with Apple iCal.

At first the error was "skipping", I resolved that by using the Purge Utlility and CleanSync utiltity.

Now the error reads:

11:26:32.199

An unexpected error has occurred [Note: this exception originated in the server]  Invalid parameter not satisfying: flush count> 0 

I am in the process of updating my OS on the device and it should finish soon

Thanks Again 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Here is one of the emails with the links to the service Bulletins.

> Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Technical Support. We hope that you're doing good today. We are pleased to assist you.

> Please refer to the steps below:
> => Please check if you have third-party synchronization software installed on your Mac like:
> missing sync
> media sync
> logitech software
> microsoft sync
> palm sync

> Please remove them and empty the trash. It creates conflict with PocketMac.

> ***For complete removal of Missing Sync (Please remove any Missing Sync folder as well, and empty trash)
https://support.markspace.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=225&nav=0

> => Remove any installed old version of PocketMac from your Mac if any, before installing the latest version (make sure that BlackBerry is not connected to your Computer)
> You may refer to the link below to an article in our BlackBerry Technical Solution Center that contains a description of the issue.
> Article Title: How to uninstall PocketMac for BlackBerry smartphones
> Article Number: KB10438
> Link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10438

> => Download/install the current version of PocketMac, then restart Mac (make sure that BlackBerry is not connected to your Computer)
> You may refer to the link below to an article in our BlackBerry Technical Solution Center that contains a description of the issue.
> Article Title: How to install PocketMac for BlackBerry smartphones
> Article Number: KB17047
> Link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17047

> => Download/install the current version of Drivers, then restart Mac (make sure that BlackBerry is not connected to your Computer)
> Article Title: How to install PocketMac for BlackBerry smartphones
> Article Number: KB17047
> Link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17047

> => Please check the following settings on your BlackBerry

> 1 . MEDIA CARD INSTALLED - NO

> A. Navigate to the Options menu
> B. Select Advanced Options, then Media Card (or look for Memory, then Media).
> C. The settings on Media Card screen should read:

> Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) = Off
> Media Card Support = On
> Encryption Mode = None
> Mass Storage Support = On
> Auto Enable Mass Storage When Connected = No
> **There is no Media Card Present**

> 2. MEDIA CARD INSTALLED - YES

> A. Navigate to the Options menu
> B. Select Advanced Options, then Media Card (or look for Memory, then Media).
> C. The settings on Media Card screen should read:

> Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) = Off
> Media Card Support = On
> Encryption Mode = None
> Mass Storage Support = On
> Auto Enable Mass Storage When Connected = Yes

> => Hard reset BlackBerry by removing the battery and putting it back after 5 seconds.
> => Connect the BlackBerry to Mac once back to its usual screen, then launch PocketMac
> => If successfully detected (PIN number should appear on PocketMac), configure the Advanced Preferences for synchronization, then synchronize
> Article Title: How to verify Advanced Preferences for PocketMac synchronization
> Article Number: KB11070
> Link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB11070

> Note: Please try to synchronize one Organizer Data at a time. Try to sync Address Book or Calendar first and disable others. Make sure to choose only one Organizer to sync with - either Entourage or Mac Address Book for Contacts or either iCal or Entourage for Calendar; deselect the rest. Select the option 'no categories' if possible. Once successful, you may enable synchronization for all Organizer Data.

> Should you require further information on this subject, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will be glad to be of service to you.

> Thank you again for contacting us. Have a great day ahead.

> Sincerely,
> Mary
> BlackBerry Technical Support
> Research In Motion Limited
> Tel:
> NA Toll Free: 1-877-255-2377
> UK Toll Free: 0808 100 7466
> Europe: +44 1753 558400
> Worldwide: +1-519-888-6181
> Email: help@blackberry.net
> Web: www.blackberry.com

> ***Now Available - BlackBerry Training for BlackBerry Enterprise Server software administrators. For information about current course offerings, please visit www.blackberry.com/go/training.

TC, I have asked that your thread be moved to the Mac software section of this forum, where you will likely be better helped, and you might search that area also for prior issues.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Thanks for your help J.

TC 

New Contributor

Sorry for the silly question..but do I do a search for MAC or is there an area called MAC Software Forum?

scroll down on the main page of this forum underneath all the device model specific forum sections and you will see one for Mac specific.

In it, I would suggest a search using text from your error you are getting. 

I have not used the BlackBerry on a Mac, so I am not any help there. But, there are others that should be.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I share your frustration!  Saturday night in Paris France and finally finished syncing my address book after 4 hours!

What I ultimately found did the trick was having less data (since I did not have a media card in the blackberry)

I reduced my address book from 1400 to 6 as a test case.  Sync was fine.  Then went up to 340 entries.  Also fine.  Haven't added anymore as I am now living in email hell (trying to get that to sync)

I sent a good person at blackberry support an email asking if there was a size limit to the address book sync.  Will let you know!

New Contributor
My Device: Storm

is this a storm problem or a mac problem? I can get email and downloads etc, but I can't sync the bb with my mac. I've been trying since Xmas.