Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

BB TORCH - Button Panel

I just sent back my 2ne BB Torch for the same defect.  The adhesive covering the bottom button panel isn't holding down the panel.  I am very careful with my phones and I'm getting quite frustrated over this defect.  Is Blackberry going to fix the issue or will I be sending my phone back every 2 weeks or so?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BB TORCH - Button Panel

Unless it is something that affects a large percentage of devices, it wouldnt become a "known issue". I know many people with the Torch and none of them have this issue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Contributor

Thanks for the quick response!  I know several people that have the same issue with their TORCH.  I am really hoping the next one I get doesn't do it.  I really do like the phone.

Thanks again

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I have seen a few posts about this. Did the adhesive break down or the foam ruibber? Could you please post a pic of it next time so we can all see it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Sorry, I didn't think to take a picture and post it... IF it happens again, I most certainly will.

Honestly, I didn't see any foam, just a residue from the adhesive.  Also, it's only been on the left side of the Track Pad on both of the phones I've returned.

Thanks for your reply!!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

firda wrote:

I know several people that have the same issue with their TORCH. 

AH, your best bet would be to have them call and report it aswell. I work tech and warranty for a carrier. and one thing that we do is file a report as to what the issue is and we forward it to the manufacturer during the warranty process. manufacturers use this information to improve products and correct defects.

hope it gets solved for you!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Contributor

I'm positive they've reported the issue, too.  I tried to get a hold of one that just had it happen yesterday, to see if they could post a picture of their phone before they returned it, but was too late, they did their exchange this morning.

Visitor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch

I just got my first BlackBerry today, the BlackBerry Torch from AT&T, and I'm very disappointed that I have a defect on mine. I think it is the same issue you are talking about. I took some pictures just now. I'm definitely planning on going back to the store tomorrow when I get a chance. I absolutely love the phone, but I'm sad about the quality of the phone I received. I plan to get a replacement for the same phone. It is just the left bottom that is not adhering as well as the other side. You can see light projecting from that corner as in picture 2 because the plastic is not in it's correct place.

SAM_0963.JPG

SAM_0966.JPG

SAM_0967.JPG

SAM_0970.JPG

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

could you take a picture of it direct in front of the track pad.

looks like the trackpad is off center causing it to lift, but hard to tell in your pics.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Great Pics!!!  This is exactly what both of the Torch's I had did.  THanks for posting..