Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BB Torch 9810 - Restoring already installed apps that came with the phone

I just bought the BB Torch 9810 recently and there were some apps already installed on it. Two of the already installed apps were Bejeweled and Telenav. Telenav had to be fully downlaoded, but was a free version. After I connected my phone to Blackberry Desktop Manager, both of these apps disappeared. I was unable to recover either. The Telenav icon was still on the homescreen, but then after downloading it like before, it asked me to buy the app in order to be able to use it. When I first downloaded it, I was able to use it everything on it including the step-by-step voice directions without having to pay for it. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling again to see if that was the problem, but it continued to ask me to buy it in order to use it. How do I recover apps that came already installed on the device when I purchased it?

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: BB Torch 9810 - Restoring already installed apps that came with the phone

Sorry to hear that.  Not sure how the desktop manager got rid of those apps.  I don't know if the carrier can push these back to you but you can call and ask.  The other option is to do a security wipe so your phone is reset to the defaults with those preinstalled apps.

My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

You already asked this question and received a response a week ago:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Downloaded-applications-for/Free-Apps-that-came-with-Blackber...

Just sayin'.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Just to add to what BillJ responded in his other post, it's likely that the version of TeleNav you had initially offered a free trial and you now reached the end of the free trial.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

When I downloaded Telenav, it did not say that it was a free trial. It just ran like normal. I was able to use the turn-by-turn voice directions and everything was available. I hadn't even used it for a week when I hooked it up to BlackBerry Desktop Manager. After that, when I downloaded it again, I was prompted to buy it and use the free trial for 60 days. That is why I am confused about what happened to it.

New Contributor

How do you do a security wipe? I've never done one before.

New Contributor

I realize I posted this previously. For some reason, when I searched for it, it did not show up. I was told to repost after registering on the BB website, that perhaps my post did not show up because I was not previously registered.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Here is how to reload your software:

http://us.blackberry.com/support/installpc.jsp