Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: T-Mobile

BB Torch 9810 not recognized by Desktop Software

Hello all!

My blackberry Torch 9810 is perfectly recognized as a mass storage device (which I can easily see and open) but it is not recognized by the Desktop Software. I downloaded the latest version of the software and nothing.

It used to work fine before. I reinstalled the Desktop software, but the problem persists.

Any help?

I really need to get a backup of my contact from this device Smiley Sad

BTW, Blackberry ID software has stopped working on my device. Maybe thats the problem?

Thanks!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: BB Torch 9810 not recognized by Desktop Software

What do you mean BBID software has stopped working on your device?

Have you tried making a backup with BB Protect?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Yes BBID stopped working.

BB Protect does not work either. It says my data plan does not support it. I may have to contact T-Mobile to see if I have BB Service, since I changed my plan last January.

Will that be the reason why Blackberry Desktop Software does not recognize my device?

Thanks for your prompt response!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Yes, you need a BB data plan for BB Protect. Protect will backup (and keep backed up) the data you're wanting to backup.

The device should still be recognized in DM even without a data plan. Have you rebooted the device by removing the battery?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Hello again!

I got my BB Service On, and backed Up my data using BB Protect. I also resterated the device by taking the battery off. However, the problem persist where Desktop Software does not recognize my BlackBerry Torch.

Any suggestions?