Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Storm 2 9520
My Carrier: Singtel
Accepted Solution

BB Touch Screen

Hi Guys,

Just bought a BB Storm 2, 9520. But i find something doesn't seem right, but not exactly sure if it's a problem or it's just the design of the phone. Please enlighten me on this.

The touch screen of my phone doesn't seem "fix" like other touch screen phone. The feel of touching the BB screen is like pressing a button where it'll "depress" when u press the screen. Is this normal for this phone?

Hope u understand what my problem is.

Regards

Stanley

Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Sasktel

Re: BB Touch Screen

The Storm screens are supposed to be pressed down like you are clicking a button when using them. So the screen does seem to  be a "Floating" screen.

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Storm2 (9550)
My Carrier: Verizon

The "floating"/depress screen was a widely marketed "feature" of the Storm devices.  Most of the early commericials etc made it known that the BB touch was more tactile than other touch devices. 

When shopping for a new mobile device, I often visit cnet or other reputable gadget comparison sites and I'll even visit my local retailer to get my hands on it.  I'm surprised that the OP was unaware of this prior to taking delivery of the device.  It's a bit like buying a Maserati and then later asking "Is it supposed to go that fast?"

My Device: the whorst one
My Carrier: vodafone - as well worst one

@kentonvannatten

"Is it supposed to go that fast?" yes but with one exception, it is not fast and it crashes to often. For instance today I had to take off battery 4 times because of software malfunction. This is really rubish phone, just woundering is it because of design (have some doubts) maybe it is because fof software (more likely especcialy looking at desktop software as well). Or mainly because of different software depending on carrier which was in my opinion biggest mistake made by rim. For instance I do not feel happy when I see vodafone (UK) has providing verion around 4xx when it can be found easily on network version 9xx....realy stupid. f course I can not change it.

People are saying blackberry is one of the best on market.... well whatever they saying I got my storm 2 and know it is rubbish.
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Haha its crash way to fast to get u any where I think bb should give ys all new phones ..the 9520 is just the worst phone ever...
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Take it back ....