Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Bell
Accepted Solution

BB Wireless Headset HS-700 pairing problem.

Hi,

As soon as i received BB HS-700 i charged it and turned it on and it also got paired successfully with my new BB torch 9800 with the Title " HS-700"

But for some reason i deleted this connection from Bluetooth paired devices Section.

Don't ask me why i did ... i just did.

Now, i want to make the connection again. And whenever i press Search..  after a while, it says "Phone" is found and then ask the passkey to be entered . Which i use "0000".  At the end it says "Unable to pair with. Try again"

It has been now two days and i have read and did every thing to make this connection but the same result.

Anyone's help will be appreciated. 

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: BB Wireless Headset HS-700 pairing problem.

If it's finding 'phone' then it's finding another phone, not the headset.  Make sure you put the headset in 'pairing mode.'  You should have instructions with the headset to do this.  Then search from your phone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Bell

Although i have read everything but after your suggestion i went through again.  I came to know that this headset has all audio instructions. As soon as you turn it on by rotating the ear piece, you have to press the "voice command button" it will then ask you to say a command. So as instructed i said "Options", It then again asked me to say a command. I said "Pairing mode".

Then i started the search on BB torch 9800. And it finally detected it like a charm...

So...it is working now...

Thanks alot for you kind and fast HELP

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Telus

There are no specific instructions on how to put the headweet into "pairing" mode. I have a new 9700 and a new Curve (8520 ?) and neither phones can "find" the headset when put into pairing mode. And this is not a complicated process to initate. I took the HS700 and my phones to a dealer and none of their phones could find the headset. But they were not certain how to put the headset into pairing mode like most that have a specific set of direction on how to do that. This HS700 headset does not come with any instructions on how to force it into "pairing mode" save for simply turning it on. I cannot even bring up a prompt to input the "0000" code.

Can i safely assume I have a faulty headset from the factory ?

Note:  I had an HS700 prior to this which I lost and this one is a repalcement (it was the best device i have founf to date for me) and that first one paired up over and over again very easily. This replacement one will not.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

[ Edited ]

Here is the user's guide.  It tells how to put it into pairing mode.

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/19345/BlackBerry_Wireless_Headset_HS-700...

When new it goes into pairing mode automatically.  You can manually put it in pairing mode by pushing the voice command button and saying "options" >"pairing mode."  Then do the search from the device. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

if you had a HS700 before, delete the old BT profile and pair the HS 700 after

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Blackberry HS 700, Pairing Instructions.  

Thank you for the instructions that are otherwise non-existent in all other forums I went to, including the manufacturer's help site. It is simple but not so obvious to all of us. Once you boot up an HS700 for the first time and, if you miss the automatic "Pairing Mode" it defaults to on that initial boot-up, then one needs to know how to get the device back into Pairing Mode to get it "re-paired".

Yes, simply turn the HS700 on, press the one button on the headset, speak into the headset and say the command "Options", then respond further by saying "Pairing Mode". The HS700 goes right to pairing mode and even tells you it is there, and then you can immediately pair it to any phone or other device.

The Blackberry HS700 Bluetooth is far and away the best headset i have found after using about 14  - 15 other brands and types in the last 6 years for fit, clarity, saying in place, and for giving one the feeling that it is not even really there.

Guru II

Google is your friend. I just typed "Blackberry HS700 users guide into a Google search. That came right up.

I have an HS700 and I agree ite the best BT headset I've used to date.

Contributor
My Device: 9800 Torch

Yes, I agree. It is a beauty. I just picked one up off of EBay from Best Buy's open box site. $15 and it works like new...even got one for my wife so we both, now, have paired up Torches with the HS-700 and love them! Robot Happy

If I earn your KUDOS please don't hesitate to click on the STAR in the black field below.
My Device: 8900 curve
My Carrier: bmobile

this post was a R E A L life saver. Thanks a million trillion times.