06-28-2008 12:10 PM
I have a World Edition 8830 Blackberry that is set up through my company to receive Outlook e-mail. I would like to be able to make a back up of my data on my home computer (Phone contacts, Calendar, Notes, etc.) using the Blackberry Desktop software, in case the phone ever loses the data and needs to be re-loaded.
Does the desktop software allow you to have a back up on one computer, while still connected on the office system? I tried to download the software, but am unsure which version to use. In addition, the 8830 isn't listed as a possible device on the BB website.
06-28-2008 12:57 PM
Follow the below steps -
1. Connect your device using USB cable
2. Click on Backup and Restore
3. Click on Backup button
4. Select the location where you want to keep the backup data
5. Click ok to proceed
If you want to have a periodic auto backup of your device data then perform the following -
1. Click on Backup and Restore
2. Click Option under Backup section
3. Put the check mark under Backup my device sutomatically every 2 days (put your desired date in the field 2)
4. Choose the right option wheter you want to backup all device data or with some exceptions
Note: I've described processes according to desktop manager 4.5. You can download it from here.
If your query is resolved then please click on “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit