Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Mobilink

BB World Issue

Hi. I have BB 9800. My BB World App is associated with another email id and i would like to change it to mine so that my BB Messenger contacts can automatically upload on this device (9800). Can anyone please help me in changing my email id on bb world? Or share a way where i can update my bb messenger contacts to this 9800. Its urgent guys. Thanks

Shahzad Shigri
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG853), Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BB World Issue

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

• KB32514 How to change or update a BlackBerry ID username on a BlackBerry smartphone

However, I'm not quite sure, based on your post, if that is actually what you need.

If your BB is presently associated with a BBID, and it has an email address that is not yours, and you have a separate BBID with your email address (and your BBM contacts) that you want to use on this BB, then what you actually need to do is to change the actual BBID that is associated to your BB. You won't be able to change the email address of the BBID currently associated to your BB since it's already in use on a different BBID account. What you actually have to do is change the BBID associated to your BB, via this process:

• KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

It is quite destructive, so you will want to make sure you have a good backup first (you can find instructions via the link in my auto-sig below).

But, given that this is the situation, I have to wonder about your purchase method for this BB...if it was 2nd hand and previously in use by someone else, then this KB must be followed to ensure that you can use all of the services from your accounts rather than the prior owners account:

• KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................