Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BB Worldphone vs. BB pearl with Verizon

I just got my Bb worldphone last week.  I am not a very technical person so its taking me a while to figure the phone out and all that it can do.  I really miss having a camera and video clips  in my phone.  I can still return the 8830 and get something else.  Questions to the Pearl owners....

1- does the camera take good pics

2- is the keyboard hard to navigate  (ie. sending texts and emails)

I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold

Re: BB Worldphone vs. BB pearl with Verizon

Hey yazzgirl Smiley Happy.

The Blackberry 8130 (Pearl) is a nice phone. The camera is 2.0 megapixels, which is now pretty standard on any new phone. The photos are not bad, but it's nothing to make a photo exhibit out of lol. 

I found it hard to type on to be honest. The SureType is a great idea and its nice if you don't use the keyboard a lot, but I use it a lot. I switched to the Curve which I love (should be out on Verizon in May). Its really up to the person who is using it. My friend LOVES her pearl, its just preference. You can always try it out and exchange it if it isn't what you want.

Keep in mind, if your going to travel to other countries the world phone can use a GSM simcard which will make making phone calls in other countries WAY cheaper. 

CEO/Editor In Cheif
www.SmartphoneNation.com

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BB Worldphone vs. BB pearl with Verizon

Thanks again payroll..Smiley Happy

I wanted the 8830 but now im not sure if i am completely satisfied with it.  I also use the keyboard a lot for texting.  i find the keyboard on the 8830 is quite easy.  I guess I can live without the camera feature ...  I heard about the curve being available soon....of course  ...they always come out with something better after you make your purchase !! 

LOL 

thanks again