Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BB 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

BB adding extra periods & spaces

[ Edited ]

For about a week my phone has been adding extra periods and spaces when I press the space bar. This has been happening with SMS, MMS and email. I knw about that short-cut (press the space bar twice to enter periods) but its doing that after almost every word. I have changed the sensitivity to the lowest setting possible but it continues to do it, even when i text slow. Not sure as to what I should do.

Any advice or suggestions would be great!

Thanks.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BB adding extra periods & spaces

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Best!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: BB 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried that about 3 times already and it didn't work. Any other suggestions?

I am desperate because it is soooo annoying!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

At about the time it started, what changed? Did you install a new theme? Get a new add-on app? Update your BB OS? Anything at all could be the cause...if something changed, undo it and see if it clears up. Worst case, reload your BB OS from scratch and see if it clears up. Further worst case -- take it in for warranty evaluation.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Zein Jordan

Hi,

I have a different problem but would like to know how to undo an update

Thanks

Hall of Famer III

hasankailani wrote:

Hi,

I have a different problem but would like to know how to undo an update

Thanks

Hello.

If you have a different problem, then please don't post to this thread. Creat your own and you will have much better visibility. Also, be sure to provide more details...your post doesn't say much. For instance, update what? Your BB? Your carrier package? Your device OS? Your DTM software?

Good luck.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Did you ever find resolution to the spacebar 'double  space' issue? 

I am. still. creating. sentances. like. this.   Same problem right?  (and I know and use shortcut for ending sentances - this is something new that just started - no install, no changes.  Kinda feels like a hardware issue, 

Super Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 v6.0.0.576
My Carrier: Orange UK

@rhondocious and @whoisjohngalt

There is a key rate setting in options. This setting, when kept on medium-fast or fast, decreases the time it takes for repition of key input to take place. I wanted to make sure if this problem is only with the space and not other alphabets becoming capitals automatically.

If yes, go to options -> somewhere in either language or input setting you will find key rate, set it to medium.

If not, you could try a software reinstall. Connect your phone to your computer, start desktop manager and check for updates. If no updates are found, you will get the option to check other versions and install the current / recommended version, which ever is better.

If you are under warranty ( are the first owner and have had the phone for less than 1 year, contact your seller for a warranty replacement).

Hope this helps.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
Install this on your phone, it helps: http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/protect/

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.
Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

@jm312 Thanks,  the key rate adjustment seems to work for now.   I appreciate the response. 

Visitor
My Device: curve 8310
My Carrier: vodafone

I. Have exactly same. Problem
As you can see. Removed battery: nothing
Set typing to med slow: nothing.

I'm definetly desperate
Is it possible to remove this function?

Stefano