Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630 Smartphone
My Carrier: Verizon

BB & e-mail

Hello:

My wife just got her BlackBerry. I set up e-mail for her. She has a rather unknown, but super, e-mail client called Becky.

When e-mails download to the e-mail clienton her computer, they are deleted from the server (we have set it so). I noticed taht when e-mails downloaded to her BB, they were not deleted from the server. So far, so good.

Now, my wife mostly has her e-mail client on, and it checks for downloads ever 10 minutes, and downloads any e-mail found. That means that she will have to remember to close her e-mail client every time she leaves home if whe wants to get the e-mails on her BB.

This is not an unsurmountable problem, but I would be most interested in learning how others have solve it. (My thinking is not the best at the moment, as I an in the process of upgrading to Windows 7 :-)

Regards,

Hans L

New Contributor

Re: BB & e-mail

I assume that this is either an inane question or that no one has a good answer. Maybe a separate phone email address would be the answer?

Regards,

Hans L

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi there!

BIS (Blackberry Internet Service -- the service, hosted at the carrier, that provides the conduit between internet facing email services and BB's) checks the email server for new items every 15 minutes (per documentation). If the other client is checking every 10 minutes and deleting from the server when it DLs, then there is nothing on the server for BIS to push to the BB. There is nothing that can overcome that configuration. Quite simply, if there is nothing on the server for BIS to find, then there is nothing there for it to find. If you configure the other client to leave items on the server for a longer period, then they would be there for BIS to retrieve and push to the BB.

Hope that helps!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Thank you very much for clearing my head! :-)

Hans L