Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Storm 9350

BB app world locking up my phone....

So...this morning i visited the "Blackberry App World" site.....

The first coupld of lists of apps I looked at loaded up fine...was able to d/l one or two...easy...

then, as I browsed more, each successive list took longer and longer to load...with lots of lag when trying to scroll through the selections, until...finally....I got stuck with the little "clock icon" rotating for over 10 minutes....with nothing happening...and no available function from any buttons to "close" the browser, etc....

Finally, I had to open the back and remove the battery to reset the phone...

Is this the way this works?  Or did I just have a chance bad experience....

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BB app world locking up my phone....

Sounds like a chance bad experience, that perhaps your device's performance was already on the verge of collapse and running App World simply pushed it over the edge.

Also, are you running the latest app world? It should be v1.0.0.30. Don't know if it has any fixes for memory leaks, but I do notice it performs a little bit better than the prior version.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Well....I was offered the d/l and setup for the app world yesterday....but my version appears to be 1.0.0.29.....and I don't really see an option for how to upgrade it...

The list of applications has the word "downgrade" under it...but I can see no option for how to get a later version....

Contributor

Actually.....now that i look at the file's actual listing it says.....

Installed version: 1.0.0.30

New version:  1.0.0.29

So...I have no idea what's going on.....is the .29 a "newer" version?  That seems a little backward....

New Contributor
My Device: 9530 Storm VZW

Vedauwoo... I have the same slowdown and lockup issues with my and my girlfriends 9530... follow sdgardne's link in the post below to App World support, and request the e-mail download link be sent... updgraded mine with a single click of the dl link:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=appworld&thread.id=1277

However, I'm still seeing the slowdown.  It's almost as if you get 2 or 3 pages deep into App World, and it's hogging up all the memory, as if each page were a separate running app?  I've had to do the battery replace dance 3 times the past week using App World (phone is only a week old, but with latest firmware verified with Desktop Manager.)

John.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

This is correct.

1) App World itself shows nothing that I can find for updating. Using the link will give you the update.

2) The downgrade option seems correct as well...since it was a downgrade option.

3) The .30 version is the most recent I've recently found (just last week...haven't checked for another update).

4) I've not noticed the slowdowns reported, but I also don't use App World that much. I'll give it a go and see if I can replicate the issues.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9530 Storm VZW

Thanks sdgardne.  Searched through the posts on App World.  Some others reporting some of the slowdown issues as well, but no "problem solved" posts on the slow down / battery pull / reboot issue that I could find.